2017 X738 dies intermittently

/ 2017 X738 dies intermittently #1  

jpmurf

Tractor
satoh
My 2017 X738 dies intermittently, the dash just goes completely black and dies. I can turn the switch to "off" and restart it. It seems to want to do it more often if the idle is real low, and turning on the lights triggers it sometimes. Other times it just dies without any changes, idling low/mid rpms. I have had it to the dealer twice , they replaced the regulator and I replaced the battery.

/ 2017 X738 dies intermittently #2  
If the dash goes black and it dies it sounds like a defective electrical connection somewhere. Your tractor may have an intermittent ground problem somewhere. Follow your battery terminal to ground, clean, and tighten. Make sure the power line from your battery is intact and solid to the dash. It may not be obvious but you have in intermittent connection somewhere.

/ 2017 X738 dies intermittently
the dealer went through it, but they will have to do more, they are talking about calling JD

/ 2017 X738 dies intermittently #4  
Possible alternator/generator (whatever these have) or voltage regulator. And yes, as Roadworthy said - take apart all grounds and any connectors and check, clean, reassemble. A little dielectric grease is a good idea for connections too (sparingly)

/ 2017 X738 dies intermittently
over a week with no news