2019 2638 hst cab price check

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check #1  

bridge4

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638. Scag 61 V-ride.
Hey Everyone!

First post here, so, hello and thanks for all the good information on the site.

I am looking to get a smaller tractor for mostly snow removal and some loader use in the summer for a compost spreader. I got a quote from my closest dealer and wanted to see how it compares. I have responded yesterday to it, and tried to get things knocked down a little more. Below is the quote.

I am going to finance through Mahindra probably, but I'd like the get the tractor price down more to the "cash pricing" and I'm not sure if the implements are priced well since I can't find anything online with a price on it. I was also curious as to the labor for hooking the extra hydraulics up and stuff, It doesn't add labor costs when you build them online...

Like I said I have responded trying to knock it down some more but I'd like some guidance or advice!

2638 HST Cab with loader

MSRP $35,690.00

Cash pricing $29,169.00 ( anything besides Mahindra's financing )

Mahindra financing $31,419.00 (0% for 60, 1.99% for 72, 2.99% for 84) 10% down min required.

64" 3 Point Hitch snowblower $3381.00

60" V Plow Skid steer mount $4760.00

Third function kit (vplow) $916.00

First spool kit (snowblower) $732.00

Labor to install all accessories $750.00

Thanks!!

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check #2  
Machine prices don’t change much from place to place and don’t devalue like cars. The implements “seem” high but it all depends on brand and quality. But you are stuck because of financing. I’m not a fan of Mahindra’s third function diverter. I’d rather have a true third function. I would have at least 2 rear spools added, 3 is better.

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check
Machine prices don’t change much from place to place and don’t devalue like cars. The implements “seem” high but it all depends on brand and quality. But you are stuck because of financing. I’m not a fan of Mahindra’s third function diverter. I’d rather have a true third function. I would have at least 2 rear spools added, 3 is better.

Thanks for the input. I can still add some rear spools, I was actually thinking down the road when I start doing some driveway/road work with it, some "top and tilt" would be good. Would having all 3 allow me to do that? Seems Mahindra has some different language than other brands so I wasn't sure.

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check #4  
Yes 2 spools for Top and Tilt- a requirement in my book!! The third spool would be for hydraulic rippers or similar.

The diverter “3rd function” simply diverts the curl function to run the 3rd function. A true third function would allow the curl and 3rd function at the same time- which is nice when using a grapple.

Yes 2 spools for Top and Tilt- a requirement in my book!! The third spool would be for hydraulic rippers or similar.

The diverter “3rd function” simply diverts the curl function to run the 3rd function. A true third function would allow the curl and 3rd function at the same time- which is nice when using a grapple.

That is too bad they don't have a true 3rd function. You are right, it would be nice to have!

The dealer replied and I asked about adding the 2nd and 3rd spools, I think it would make sense to wrap it all up now and get everything how I would need it from the start.

I appreciate your help!

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check #6  
If you have the second and third spools you can use one of those instead of the dealer diverter. Save that $1000 and add a true third function in the future- which will probably cost less than $1000 to install.
BTW- a diverter kit can be had $300-$500- they aren’t complex.

So just to update, I went and put my down payment down today, took the financing price. Didn't end up adding the snow equipment because I think I can get some better options elsewhere, and the plow isn't even really big enough for the tractor anyways. Added 1st and 2nd spool, and PTO quick hitch. Am looking into making sure the W.R. Long 3rd function would work with the hydraulic system on the tractor and then I would add that down the line.

With the two spools, taxes and hitch +installation of it all, I am back at the 357**.00 or something. Which is the MSRP, or pretty close.

/ 2019 2638 hst cab price check #8  
THere is a you tube video out there of E A putting a wr long 3rd function on a mahindra 2538. I really like my 2538. prices in the midwest sure are less i believe a cabbed 2638 cab be had for under 27 k .hope you like your new rig.

THere is a you tube video out there of E A putting a wr long 3rd function on a mahindra 2538. I really like my 2538. prices in the midwest sure are less i believe a cabbed 2638 cab be had for under 27 k .hope you like your new rig.

Good to hear it should work! And also happy to hear you like your tractor, how many hours do you have on it?

If I paid cash I could have gotten it for 29, but it makes more sense for our company to use the 0%. I might have been able to get it down a little more with a few competing dealers further out, but the local guys have been good to work with in other areas, so I wanted to try to do business with them.