2019 MF 1740M warranty work. still in shop 11//21-3//22?

/ 2019 MF 1740M warranty work. still in shop 11//21-3//22? #1  

wyowy

Tractor
MF1740
This is my first tractor and I love it. I've been able to do a lot of work on my 8 acres of grass in the past couple of years. My 1740M is going to be 3 years old. It was a trade in at the local Kubota and had 32hrs. I ran it up to about 150h and started having a lot of water in the gas. short version after paying to have gas tanks etc flushed it ran for about a day after getting it back from shop. They have it "in pieces" in the shop finally determined it was a ?cooling filter I believe. the good news was it was under warranty the bad news is they cant find all the parts and are waiting for their ?annual shipment from MF due March 28,2022. I poked them about a month ago to say I would pay for shipping to expedite but they cant find them anywhere so will still be the end of March before they can even start on it? Its been a mild winter so havent needed the snowblower but starting to worry about spring work.

OK, I'm very very green at this but is this "normal"? Given the shortages around if the parts don't arrive should they give me a "loaner"?

I wish I had the cash to buy a Kubota and sell the MF once it was repaired...but thats not a good option.

I thought about sourcing a filter myself but the "parts list" is extensive so even if I found the filter it probably wouldn't help.

Does anyone out there have any ideas or experience? is this typical of MF service?

Thanks

/ 2019 MF 1740M warranty work. still in shop 11//21-3//22? #2  
This may be a long shot but I wonder if other dealers would have the parts you need in their inventory? I guess you could ask your dealer if they are able to give you the list and then you could call around, you may be able to find some parts at one dealer and other parts at different dealerships?

These are certainly challenging times and sourcing parts is one of the issues and its not just limited to one manufacture or even tractors. Just the other day my local auto service station said they were having a difficult time finding brakes for a Subaru.

I hope you can find the parts you need.

/ 2019 MF 1740M warranty work. still in shop 11//21-3//22? #3  
only dealer within 100 miles here orders approx every 10 days. its all based on volume and consignment contracts.
best I can tell only 3 dealers in whole state.
luckily dealer I deal with only 21 miles one way from me.