2019 Silverado

/ 2019 Silverado #122  
Don't know about the turn signals, but the headlights are definitely doable without major dissection.

I don't remember the markers exactly since it's been at least three years and only had to do it twice (once on the 11 and once on the 13) but I never took the grille out or otherwise field dressed the truck---That I would remember. The headlights are as you stated though. Went in behind the rad support via the either the washer bottle or air cleaner, not great but not bad either. Sometimes a little creativity is all it takes.

The 2016 is another story--Nearly everything is LED, so component replacement or back to the dealer for that sadly.

/ 2019 Silverado #123  
I know the taillight assembly change on my 05 Silverado was about a 5 minute job.

/ 2019 Silverado #125  
This discussion just got silly over time haha!

Since bulbs are only swapped a couple times in the life of a vehicle, I don't base my purchasing decision on how hard it is to change a headlight bulb. That's arguing just to argue.

/ 2019 Silverado #126  

Since bulbs are only swapped a couple times in the life of a vehicle, I don't base my purchasing decision on how hard it is to change a headlight bulb. That's arguing just to argue.

I agree.

/ 2019 Silverado #127  

It is until its your hand getting stuck behind the washer fluid tank. :laughing:

Not really a problem if under warranty, but if you have older vehicles that you work on yourself, ease of repair can be a legit concern. I wouldn't let a headlight bulb location keep me from a vehicle, but if it was headlights, turn signals, marker lights, battery access (some aren't accessible easily for jump starting, removal, etc....), oil filters, spare tire location, etc... they all add up to a pain in the rear vehicle to own.

/ 2019 Silverado #128  
It is until its your hand getting stuck behind the washer fluid tank. :laughing:

Not really a problem if under warranty, but if you have older vehicles that you work on yourself, ease of repair can be a legit concern. I wouldn't let a headlight bulb location keep me from a vehicle, but if it was headlights, turn signals, marker lights, battery access (some aren't accessible easily for jump starting, removal, etc....), oil filters, spare tire location, etc... they all add up to a pain in the rear vehicle to own.

Kinda wish GM would have stuck with the easy remove headlights from the early 2k's..Pull two pins and the world is your oyster.

/ 2019 Silverado #129  
I've had a few that were just twist out bulbs that were very easily reached. Trouble with all the new tech, aerodynamics, weight savings, crumple zones, etc... is they are just getting so compact and they are constrained to certain shapes due to geometry.

/ 2019 Silverado #130  
I've had a few that were just twist out bulbs that were very easily reached. Trouble with all the new tech, aerodynamics, weight savings, crumple zones, etc... is they are just getting so compact and they are constrained to certain shapes due to geometry.

Certainly true.