2020 Transmission

/ 2020 Transmission #1  

hernando

Silver Member
Tractor
dk 4510 kioti and a 450 case track loader
i have a 2020 jd gas ...the shifter boots were old and torn so this let water in the transmission...i drained it put new filter and fluid...but it didnt get all the water out....and it ended up out in the rain once again....this time i have drained all the fluid and let it drip for several days....i was told to spray diesel fuel in the trans to help get the water out...where my shifters are at is a plate that is in the top of the transmission..can i take out the bolts and slide that off to allow acsess to more of the trans..to spry fuel on ...hopefully to wash all the water out..sorry for the long post and all the questions....thanks for any help bruce

/ 2020 Transmission #2  
The shift cover can come off, but there may be some oil lines under the cover to deal with. If it has a hi-lo shift or independent pto, there are oil lines connected to the bottom of the shift cover with oring seals. If neither of these options are on it, then it is a very simple job. Did you remove both drain plugs to get out water? Did you replace the torn boots? It is very difficult to get out all water since it is in all the lines, steering valve, pump, rockshaft, and scv valves. You still might need to change the oil and filter a couple of times.

/ 2020 Transmission #3  
IIRC removing the shift cover will not give access to the trans gears & shafts. One needs to remove rockshaft housing to access the gears/shafts. IMHO I would just change the hyd oil/filer a few times instead of removing any covers.

/ 2020 Transmission
thanks for the replys looks.. like i am going to just change hydraulic oil several more times,,the new boots should keep out any water,,,it stays inside most of the time ,,,,thanks for the help bruce