2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power,

/ 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power, #1  

Caco4x4

Tractor
Jinma 404 (2023)
Hi, my name is Carlos I am writing from Chile. I have never even been around tractors before.

Just bought a new Jinma 404 directly from the factory with backhoe attachment and others but it came with no manual. They tell me they don't have a manual for this tractor. Not good for a newbie.

Everything seems to work fine except that the high gears have no power, any small incline will stall the engine. I must use low gears and then it has all kinds of power.

What could be happening?

Greetings and thanks from down south.

/ 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power, #2  
the high gears have no power, any small incline will stall the engine. When I use low gears it has all kinds of power.

The higher gears are not for use on hills. Higher gears are for RELAVATIVELY rapid travel over level ground. I have no experience with Jinma tractors. From my experience with other tractors of approximately the same power and weight I will speculate that Jinma top speed on level ground will be around 15-mph.

Use lower gears and 4-WD on hills and be patient.

Jinma JM-404​

Jinma JM-404 tractor photo

Transmission
Gears:8 forward and 4 reverse
Mechanical
Chassis:4x4 MFWD 4WD
Weight:4631 lbs
2100 kg
Jinma JM-404 Power
Engine:40 hp
29.8 kW

JINMA 404 IN T-B-N ARCHIVE:
Jinma 404 site:tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power, #3  
Hello Carlos
I sold Jinma tractors for several years. The higher gears are very high ratio on these tractors ie for highway. Try entering into low range high gear for better speed ie then drop to a lower gear till you find the correct one for your project. I don't have any current manuals for your tractor. Is it new? Is it 40 HP with perkins engine? I can send you what I know if it is.

/ 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power,
Thanks folks, have very little flat ground here in the Andes mountains. High gears going down hill are way too fast.
Guess everything is ok than and I just have to forget the hi gears.
Thanks again.

Hello Carlos
I sold Jinma tractors for several years. The higher gears are very high ratio on these tractors ie for highway. Try entering into low range high gear for better speed ie then drop to a lower gear till you find the correct one for your project. I don't have any current manuals for your tractor. Is it new? Is it 40 HP with perkins engine? I can send you what I know if it is.
Yes it´s bran new.
The engine is Chinese.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    938.1 KB · Views: 51
   / 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power, #7  
I once tested a Jinma 254 that was used. The guy who owned it lived on a slight grade of a farm. I put that in the higher gears and it was pretty terrible at going up that hill even under full throttle. These things with engines that don't produce a lot of hp just don't go up hills very well and low gear is mandatory.

I once tested a Jinma 254 that was used. The guy who owned it lived on a slight grade of a farm. I put that in the higher gears and it was pretty terrible at going up that hill even under full throttle. These things with engines that don't produce a lot of hp just don't go up hills very well and low gear is mandatory.
I guess this is how it is. I was worried something was terribly wrong.
1st gear high stalls at the slightest incline and it flies downhill. I can live with just using low no problem. Glad it´s not a mechanical failure that needs to be addressed.

/ 2023 Jinma 404 high gears have no power, #9  
Use L3 L4. Not quite like H1. But not too bad for speed if you're looking for that.

Use L3 L4. Not quite like H1. But not too bad for speed if you're looking for that.
Hi T´s:
I use L4 most of the time, it´s just a bit slow.
H1 won´t go up any incline and down hill provides no engine braking at all. Tractor wants to fly down hill.
:confused: