2032R (2015) Block Heater..??

/ 2032R (2015) Block Heater..?? #1  

Wyobuckaroo

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032R
We have a 2015 model 2032R..
I think the block heater has given up.
We got the tractor used in 2017. It was used as a baggage tub at the airport, so it was low hours, easy use.
From day one it seemed the block heater didn't put out much.. OK..I figured it was new and modern from what I was used to and it was designed to keep plugged in 24/7.. At that the valve cover never was more than barely warm. Now I think it has quit all together..
The block heater in my old 855 was a real tea kettle, that would heat too hot to touch in an hour.

Can someone with a like model tell me how there block heater performs, so I know if this one is good, bad, or dead.. ??
A block heater in this part of the bush is very necessary..
Thanks..

/ 2032R (2015) Block Heater..?? #2  
I don't have a similar tractor, but really the correct answer is to measure the resistance of the heating coil. I don't know what the values run, but a quick internet search should get the correct value.

/ 2032R (2015) Block Heater..?? #3  
Generally speaking it seems that most are in the 400 watt range for most CUTs.
You could always check on the web under 'Temro' and enter your engine details.

I'd suggest a block heater is either good or bad (open) without any in between.
An ohm meter will confirm in short order.

Also the power cord can be open so check that as well.

I just had to change my heater and the new one did not perform, Turned out that the cord connection was faulty so using the old cord solved my problem,

I fortunately had a mild day 'break' but still took me 3 hours due to the extreme compactness of my CUT.
Everything was in the way from hoses to FEL framework but I goter done!

/ 2032R (2015) Block Heater..??
Got the block heater changed.. When I got to examine the parts, one of the pins in the heater body was missing.. The missing pin was stuck in the cord.. I suppose it was loose, but connecting. Then when I pushed on the cord to make sure it was seated it moved into the head of the cord enough to not make contact anymore..

Next morning the block around the heater, top of the radiator were shirt sleeve weather warm.. The valve cover was a bit cooler. Working great..