20hp single kohler, or 23 hp twin to mow 3/4 acre.

/ 20hp single kohler, or 23 hp twin to mow 3/4 acre. #11  
I guess what I am trying to say here is that my impression of the B&S Intek is not favorable. When they were the standard motor on the Cub Cadet Z-Force machines I can't tell you how many bottom seals we had to replace....those things would leak at the drop of a hat. I think the Kohler Command the FHV Kawasaki are the two best motors on the market. Thats just my exprience and I know that the Kohler Courage and B&S Intek's are lower line motors but if I could get another motor I would jump at the chance. Good luck in you hunt!

/ 20hp single kohler, or 23 hp twin to mow 3/4 acre. #12  
Thank you for your input on this - it is much appreciated. In my price bracket, the options I am looking at are a 21 HP Kohler Courage engine with a hand lever hydro, or a 24 hp twin B&S Intek engine with a foot pedal hydro. There are a few others, including a Husquvarna 20 hp Kohler with a foot pedal hydro. All of these are at about $1600. Among these, any sugestions or comments. I initially wanted a foot pedal hydro but can live with a hand hydro and am told the hand lever is less susceptable to jerkiness when you hit bumps and your foot moves. Thanks again.