Comparison 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors.

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors. #11  
at least I know how to work on the old stuff.. :)

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors. #12  
I've owned them from 60 years old to 6 months old and I can't say one was better than the other. Have a 10 year old Massey 231s with a perkins engine that has been trouble free. Had to put some money into my 35 Massey, but what do you expect from a 35 year old machine with 4,500 hours on it.

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors.
What do you fellows think, if you'd have a possibility to get to the nearest parts shop and to obtain a Hydrogen Kit, which could be easily attached to your tractor and could produce hydrogen gas on a demand and run a tractor, would you refuse? :D
Is the time coming to choose between diesel and hydrogen?
Those who didn't watch that video yet 'see what happens' :laughing::
Hydrogen Powered Engine - YouTube

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors. #14  
What do you fellows think, if you'd have a possibility to get to the nearest parts shop and to obtain a Hydrogen Kit, which could be easily attached to your tractor and could produce hydrogen gas on a demand and run a tractor, would you refuse? :D
Is the time coming to choose between diesel and hydrogen?
Those who didn't watch that video yet 'see what happens' :laughing::
Hydrogen Powered Engine - YouTube

He is pulling about 30 amps from 24 volts, or 720 Watts - which doesn't seem very efficient for a small gasoline engine with no load on it.

According to what he is trying to do/prove/eliminate_from_the_environment it MIGHT matter where he gets the 720 Watts from, if the grid; think coal, gas, oil, hydro-dams in about that order - so probably it won't save the planet.

A LOT of packaging work could be done for not much money on that to compact it and make it practical for a moving vehicle, but the electrical energy IN has to come from SOMEWHERE and I don't (yet) know how to gather enough of it to run a 20 HP engine, still less 70 or 100 HP.

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors. #15  
Hydrogen is not friendly to transport in quantity. More likely will be the upcoming commercial natural gas engines in big trucks.

think coal, gas, oil, hydro-dams in about that order - so probably it won't save the planet.

Some scientist institutions are generating electric power from wind or solar power stations to be used to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. Yeah, difficult to imagine a solar battery plated tractor. :)

But in case of hydrogen storage, sources say it might be no problem to store hydrogen safely. Only the low does not allow to trade the materials (Hydrids) which could be used for that.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjeM2IBhtlc&feature=related]run your car on water. This guy does just that! - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, hey ... my local radio just made a statement, that the diesel fuel price dropped by 2 LTL cents and petrol by 1 cent. Hope that was under influence of our discussion. :D:D
Lets keep talking ... :laughing::laughing:

/ 20th century tractors vs 21st century tractors. #19  
Is that Zetor male or female?

Who knows? If Paolo Pininfarina accepts sales of his company to "Mahindra&Mahindra Ltd.", maybe Zetor will be a female then? :confused3: