2130 Won't Start

/ 2130 Won't Start #1  

Cub124

Silver Member
Tractor
International Cub Cadet
Every time i mow for a while and then turn the tractor off, and then go to turn it back on again it won't start, all it does is turn over like its not getting any fire. You have to let it sit for about an hour before you can start it again.

/ 2130 Won't Start #3  
And along brin's line of thought, have you checked your fuel tank cap vent to be clear and not stopped up...? ck by running unit with cap loose.

/ 2130 Won't Start
i will check the fuel filter, and as soon as it will start up again i will check the gas cap. i was using it just a little bit ago and i throttled it down all the way and got of and just when i got off it shut of on me.

/ 2130 Won't Start #5  
i will check the fuel filter, and as soon as it will start up again i will check the gas cap. i was using it just a little bit ago and i throttled it down all the way and got of and just when i got off it shut of on me.

remember - when yer butt comes up off that seat before you turn off the ignition switch thet engine is gonna shut down right then and there.... to prevent that, set yer park brake full on before you get up and then off..

/ 2130 Won't Start
I had the parking break set. i was off the tractor for about 30 seconds and then i heard it shut off. if i had to bet i'd say it was the fuel filter.

/ 2130 Won't Start #7  
I had the parking break set. i was off the tractor for about 30 seconds and then i heard it shut off. if i had to bet i'd say it was the fuel filter.

OK. Yeah, may be pluggedfuel filter (also ck to make sure arrow is pointing in correct direction - easy to install backwards). Also remove fuel line from carb - crank for a few seconds with spark plug wire removed to clear out any trash in line. If fuel quits flowing quickly, find out why.

/ 2130 Won't Start
Thanks I will check all those this evening.

/ 2130 Won't Start
I checked the gas cap vent and i replaced the fuel filter. I can't think of anything else it could be it's almost like somthing gets hot and it won't start untill it cools down, because you have to let it sit for at least 2 hours before it will start.

/ 2130 Won't Start #10  
Well, could be a ignition coil going bad - or possibly trash up inside the engine cooling shroud sheet metal causing an overheating situation. Check to see if you have a good strong spark rright after it shuts down next time. A weak yellowish spark is most likely the coil. No spark may be a wire chewed up by mice. Remove shroud/clean/repair.
BTW, if that's a Kohler engine in yer machine, best to use only the correct Kohler fuel filter for it - they are known to be finicky about such. Stay away from aftermarket types.