2130 Won't Start

/ 2130 Won't Start #11  
Well, could be a ignition coil going bad - or possibly trash up inside the engine cooling shroud sheet metal causing an overheating situation.

I had that happen on my 2160 Vanguard. A mouse had built a nest under the air filter housing and into the shroud. Seized the engine before I realized what was happening.

/ 2130 Won't Start #12  
Single cyl. kohler? I agree with the guy who said ignition coil, seen it many many times on those.

/ 2130 Won't Start
If it was the ignition coil would that cause it to just quit while mowing grass. When i'm mowing it will shut off and then back fire. It happend to me today i was mowing at 9:30 this morning and it shut off on me and it would not start back up till about 5:00

/ 2130 Won't Start #14  
I'm inclined to throw in with the coil guys.

Twice in the past I ended up replacing a coil. Tractor started up and ran fine cold but a warmed up tractor wouldn't restart until the coil returned to stone cold.

/ 2130 Won't Start #15  
My $0.02 ... Don't rule out simpler fixes. (for some reason I couldn't stay on the 1st page of this thread- kept bumping me back to the index page)

Fuel quality _or_ the engine shroud and air inlets are covered with "stuff".

Years ago I (for an older neighbor lady) ran her Sears Onan powered garden tractor. It finally came down to taking the hood off to keep the engine _and fuel_ cool enough to run for several hours. It was vapor locking, and her (divorced) husband had hung an electric fuel pump on it to no or little help.

/ 2130 Won't Start
i got it, it was the ingition coil. sorry i did not reply back i have been really busy.

/ 2130 Won't Start #17  
Hey how's it going,
I just signed up and was reading about your problems. I have the same issues. What was the final diagnosis and how was it solved? It's been a verey long time since all this happened. If ya don't remember that's cool....
Thanks very much,
Matt

/ 2130 Won't Start #18  
Hey how's it going,
I just signed up and was reading about your problems. I have the same issues. What was the final diagnosis and how was it solved? It's been a verey long time since all this happened. If ya don't remember that's cool....
Thanks very much,
Matt

Matt,
Welcome to TBN
:welcome:

Richard