220V Plused spray MIG welders?

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I picked up a 4 into 1 bucket last year that I need to redo the configuration of the pins so I can attach it to my Pay Loader. I figured this would be a good opportunity to step into a dedicated 220V multiprocess welder. Among other things, I'm interested in the pulsed spray process so that I can transfer on vertical angles. I looked into Miller's impressive 255 but am still reeling from sticker shock. Does anybody happen to know of something comparable? I don't need the 60% duty cycle and am open to suggestions and advice.

Thanks!

50839218766_9bc55f9103_k.jpg

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #2  
What is the sticker price??

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #3  
doesn't everlast make one?

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #4  
You needto weld a few ton of steel a week to justify costs of what you pick up using pulsed Mig.

Big worldwide company in Peoria been learning a lot bout how NOT GOOD pulsed is lately.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #5  
Pulsed Mig is a pretty vague term. Many variables in this category including Twin Pulse which can be set up exactly like an AC/DC Tig welder only it uses Mig process. Twin Pulse is much better out of position than regular Pulse mode. You can go as basic as a Miller 350P or Lincoln 350MP but there is a much bigger world out there as it relates to Pulsed Mig.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders?
Pulsed Mig is a pretty vague term. Many variables in this category including Twin Pulse which can be set up exactly like an AC/DC Tig welder only it uses Mig process. Twin Pulse is much better out of position than regular Pulse mode. You can go as basic as a Miller 350P or Lincoln 350MP but there is a much bigger world out there as it relates to Pulsed Mig.

Rather than stick welding, I'd like to spray transfer using the MIG process for better penetration (MIG-wise) but spray transfer is subject to gravity. I've never used a pulse welder, but as I understand it, pulsing allows the spray transfer to be used in vertical applications as well as offering less splatter and a little better penetration.

Big Barn, the base model Miller 255 (which is all I need since my have the extra stuff with my Miller Multimatic 200) is around $2800.

(removed), I expense this kind of thing out on my taxes which lessens the pain of purchasing to a degree, but yes, you're right: this one is more than I want to spend since I'm saving for a shop.

LittleBill21, I haven't looked into Everlast; would you happen to know if they have something comparable to Miller's 255?

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #7  
Rather than stick welding, I'd like to spray transfer using the MIG process for better penetration (MIG-wise) but spray transfer is subject to gravity. I've never used a pulse welder, but as I understand it, pulsing allows the spray transfer to be used in vertical applications as well as offering less splatter and a little better penetration.

Big Barn, the base model Miller 255 (which is all I need since my have the extra stuff with my Miller Multimatic 200) is around $2800.

(removed), I expense this kind of thing out on my taxes which lessens the pain of purchasing to a degree, but yes, you're right: this one is more than I want to spend since I'm saving for a shop.

LittleBill21, I haven't looked into Everlast; would you happen to know if they have something comparable to Miller's 255?

For your application here you may want to consider Dual shield 71T-1 wire instead of a basic pulse mig. Lays a beautiful out of position bead and is likely what the buckets were welded with. 71T-1 is in many ways the wire equivalent. to 7018. Check it out. Of course you will still need a 230v welder or engine drive with feeder.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders?
For your application here you may want to consider Dual shield 71T-1 wire instead of a basic pulse mig. Lays a beautiful out of position bead and is likely what the buckets were welded with. 71T-1 is in many ways the wire equivalent. to 7018. Check it out. Of course you will still need a 230v welder or engine drive with feeder.

Thank you for the tip on the wire. I'll look into it right now as I just got off of the phone with Everlast. Everlast suggested their MT 275S.

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #9  
Thank you for the tip on the wire. I'll look into it right now as I just got off of the phone with Everlast. Everlast suggested their MT 275S.

There are a few nice welders not that far from you. nice Hobart Beta Mig 251 in Forest Lake for $1000. I have friends at Bemidji Welding Supply I could check with to see what they have as well. All you need is 26-28 volts to run 71T-1 wire. Good luck on your project..

/ 220V Plused spray MIG welders? #10  
Everlast MTS 251 Si, a MIG-TIG-Stick welder. Price is ~$1600 and the model goes on sale often for less. It will spray weld and I wanted that capability. (The cat's meow with .045" wire and CO2)

Pulse is good for TIG too. 'Synergic' MIG keeps a steadier arc when welding OOP and holding the torch is awkward. Mine came with full TIG pkg, torch, foot pedal, etc.

Note that while a versatile welder, the included MIG & TIG torches are 300a class and rather husky. I added smaller '200a' ones for working in the mid 100s amperage. Kits are available cheap to convert other bits to 'Euro-Quick' attachment.

I suggest to download & read the manual for any welder before popping wallet leather. I don't need every feature included, or the full capacity, but then my car has four doors and a CD player that I don't use.

btw, at 70 I decided against med school and plan to just take a welding class or three. I'm much better with steel than with bloody flesh anyway. :D