2210 Engine Block Heater Installation

/ 2210 Engine Block Heater Installation #21  
Mine was installed by my dealer - the short cord is loosely wired tied to the fuel filter. Makes for an easy place for plugging/un-plugging and doesn't hang or dangle. I would not see any reason to remove that cord while operating. Just make sure the cord is routed properly so as not to rub on anything.

/ 2210 Engine Block Heater Installation #22  
Its standard practice to leave the short cord plugged in as many block heaters are not all that accessible. It doesn't hurt to tie the short cord to something solid as there may come a time when you forget to unplug the long cord.

Egon

/ 2210 Engine Block Heater Installation #23  
<font color="blue">Do you leave the short cord that plugs into the heater always plugged into the heater end or do you remove it when operating your tractor? </font>
The short cord stays on my tractor all the time. Since the positive cable from the battery (on its way to the starter) runs right underneath the block heater, I tie wrapped the heater cord to it. The plug end of the cord rests on the battery tray. Fortunately, there's a 1.5 inch hole in the battery tray (for drainage I assume), that allows me to reach in, with 2 fingers, grab the plug and pull it down when I want to plug in the heater. When I am ready to use the tractor, I unplug the cord, tuck the plug back into it's resting place and start the tractor. Since I have the extension cord hanging down from directly above the tractor, I shouldn't miss the fact that the heater is plugged in, something that could be a concern if the extension cord were on the ground.