2210 gonna be 9 !

/ 2210 gonna be 9 ! #11  
Megotatractor congrats on 9 yrs. Wow and same battery . You said about finding a Optima battery I found mine on Craigslist several years ago, pd $75.00 and it was less than a yr ago. Looking at your fel I still think the loader setup was and still today the best design JD put on the sub compact . Never cared for the upright post on the 2305 and now my 1026r. The parking stand by far the best on your 2210 ,cheap made and cheap setup stand on the 2305 and 1026r and now 1025r . Bends or breaks way to easy for the price of the fel.
Love your tires looks like you have all flat land , they do hold well on hill sides.
9 years and less than 800 hrs.. Had almost that many on the 2210 and one of the 2305 I had.
Either way very good , well made , sounds like it might be a keeper and grill doesn't look bad in that photo.

/ 2210 gonna be 9 ! #12  
Wow, mine is gonna be somewhere around 8 or 9 also! Original battery just went completely bad last year. It still only has around 80 hours on it and its kept in an enclosed shed, so yeah it's still mint!

Taco Terror only around 80 hrs and 8 or 9 yrs old . It has to be lonely setting there all the time , so said to hear. Hope you keep a radio turned on in the shed . Wish I could say that mine is almost 6mo and has just under 91hrs. congrats I guess you get that new feeling everytime you use your tractor.

/ 2210 gonna be 9 !
etcallhome- "looks like you have all flat land , they do hold well on hill sides"

No, my 3.5 acres is about two thirds hilly. And I mow the ditch too. Yes these HDAP's hold well.

Heni88 - "Mego, were those tires standard with the tractor or were they special order?"

Tires came with the tractor new! They were not an "official" option on the 2210 but a lot of guys talked their dealers into mounting HDAP's which were a standard tire on the "X" series SE models and then I believe still optional on the larger "Select" series tractors, I think I saw some mounted on a Select a couple years ago. The story is that the HDAP's were slapped on the 2210 temporary as it originally had turfs, but a customer bought an X series SE which had standard HDAP tires and he wanted turfs and so the dealer swapped the tires off a new 2210 - later to become MINE! :)

Battery; I went out today to check on the old 9 year old battery. It hasn't snowed much and the tractor has been sitting for weeks, so I thought I might as well remove the battery. Once again -though the battery charge is strong- the cables were corroded and the hold downs too. I guess I'll just give in and get an Optima for even though the battery performance is still strong it appears to be a leaker! Tired of cleaning up the mess! I know that lead batteries like to keep charged and used but sitting for weeks in the cold just gets messy!

/ 2210 gonna be 9 !
update; still no snow to speak of so 2210 sits with no battery in it. still debating Optima vs maintenance free and waiting for a sale on either.

/ 2210 gonna be 9 !
Update; still no snow but lots of ice. Napa had a battery sale and I brought home and installed a "Legend" maintenance free battery in my 2210. No more mess or corrosion! Snowstorm coming tomorrow, maybe a couple inches of snow to play with this weekendf...

PS; note for anyone interested ; battery part number 7551