2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position

/ 2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position #1  

bmryer

Tractor
2210 john deere
2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position must be a short where to start Thanks

/ 2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position #2  
I would rig up a light that you can plug into the fuse socket. If there is a short, it will light up and stay lit until you can poke around and find where it is shorting out.. be it a switch or a bad wire grounding out somewhere.

I solder a couple wires on a light socket to a blown fuse that goes into the fuse holder.

:welcome: to TBN

/ 2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position
I would rig up a light that you can plug into the fuse socket. If there is a short, it will light up and stay lit until you can poke around and find where it is shorting out.. be it a switch or a bad wire grounding out somewhere.

I solder a couple wires on a light socket to a blown fuse that goes into the fuse holder.

:welcome: to TBN

12 volt light, will that blow the light

/ 2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position #4  
12 volt light, will that blow the light

No,, you just keep poking around until the light goes out,,, or dims less than full bright.
if the "short" were not there, the light would not be "full bright",,
normally, the light would barely glow, if it lights at all.

/ 2210 jd will not start blows 20 amp fuse when key is in the run position #5  
Find my Deere 5520 won't start thread and see if this is the problem with yours. It's a shorted sensor on tractors that have a cold start package. Not sure if yours does but you should be able to figure it out from the parts diagrams. If this is the problem, and I suspect it may be, it's an easy fix.

Advise if you can't find it.