23/32 Does it exist?

/ 23/32 Does it exist? #11  
I never would've noticed how old, you rained on my parade. I like these old threads, wonder where they are now Jag's last post was 12-25-2003.......
When are is everything going metric, I still run across new stuff with standard bolts, lets make up are mine's go one way or the other. I still favor standard sizes, think it's an age thing or traditional thing or both....

/ 23/32 Does it exist? #12  
I just wish they wouldn't mix fractional and metric on the same machine.

It also seems US metric is often odd sizes while foreign metric is even sizes.

Bruce

/ 23/32 Does it exist? #13  
I got rearended in my '95 F150 pickup a month or so ago. Having pocketed the insurance check, I purchased an aftermarket rear bumper for $200 and had a ***** of a time getting the old bumper off. There were some nuts that I could not find a socket for. 11/16 was too small and 3/4 was too big. 17mm was too small and 18mm was too big. I looked all over, even at Sears and could not find a 23/32 socket. Is there any such thing? I finally got the bumper off and the new one installed, but it took about 6 hours including the search for the right tool.

Alan L., TX

Yes they do exist. We had one in the tool box at work. I have a photo of it somewhere.

/ 23/32 Does it exist? #14  
Well, here is a 21/32 socket.

P1010010.jpg

I cracked this one when I grabbed it out of the tool box thinking it was a 5/8" I always wanted to take it back to Sears for replacement and look at the face of the kid that has never seen one

This fits Ford flathead rod bolts.

/ 23/32 Does it exist? #15  
Well, here is a 21/32 socket.

View attachment 552666

I cracked this one when I grabbed it out of the tool box thinking it was a 5/8" I always wanted to take it back to Sears for replacement and look at the face of the kid that has never seen one

This fits Ford flathead rod bolts.

That would be no more mysterious to the kid than the 11/16 or 3/4 would be!