2305 Access Cover

/ 2305 Access Cover #1  

WorkPorter

The operator's manual has a picture showing where to grease the scv linkage "with access cover removed". Do they really expect you to remove that cover (located right behind your calves when seated) for regular maintenance? It took me nearly 2 hrs to pry it out and around half a dozen obstacles. Talk about a tight fit! Being a novice, I wasn't sure if there were some fittings out of sight that I needed to find and hook up with. Apparently not. So I'm wondering whether I should in the future just thrust the gun through an opening in the general vicinity and shoot the grease in. One problem with that is the space behind the cover was filled with an awful lot of grass that could conceivably obstruct my aim. And I can imagine that a heaping mess of greasy, decaying grass is not the best environment for maintaining a cleanly lubricated machine.

Maybe there's a better way to remove the cover, but there's no mention of any procedure for this in the manual. So I just removed about six cover screws (easy), loosened two others that held a bar down tightly on top of the cover (located directly under the seat, where one of which was not at all convenient to reach) and then began a lengthy process of prying, bending, slamming, twisting and yanking from each side in turn, gradually working it a little this way and then that until it finally worked free from all protruding encumbrances and hung loosely from the scv stick no longer the item of my extreme contention. The happy task of putting it back in place awaits my speedy recovery. Question #2: Must it go back in place? And, how do experienced hands treat this routine procedure? So eager to learn, you could find me truly pumped :mad: (though more likely, feeling slumped :confused2:, even somewhat dumped :ashamed:). Sorry, long, long day. Could use a little :laughing:

/ 2305 Access Cover #2  
I just spray Fluid Film in there with the provided straw.

/ 2305 Access Cover
Sounds like not much to get so worked up over. That's good news. Thanks a lot.

/ 2305 Access Cover #5  
We just tried to remove the panel. Easy if you take the seat off too. Just take bolts out. Unscrew panel. Able to clean it out and grease easily. We were about to spray through the panel holes too.

/ 2305 Access Cover #6  
Found a lot of grass and dirt under my cover on the 2305. Once I wrestled the cover off, I cut (widened) the two slots at the top to clear the seat rails. It went back on with almost no effort. I think that was probably the real intent of those two slots.

/ 2305 Access Cover #7  
forgensir
Welcome to TBN
Some pics to support your findings would be great.