2305 fan belt replacement

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #1  

oakhilltop

Tractor
Airens 18GT
I'm going to be changing the fan belt on my 2305. There is not much room to work around that belt. The owner's manual just says to loosen the mounting bolt and adjustment bolt, move the alternator and take the belt off. Installation is a similar procedure. I have my doubts that it is going to be that simple. Any tips from 2305 owners? Will I end up having to remove something to get access? Or am I being paranoid (scared) for no reason? There always seems to be something that makes a simple maintenance take forever for me.

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #2  
You could pull the pivot bolt for the alternator also to give you more wiggle room which is what I did last time IIRC on a 2210 (same motor prior model)

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #3  
I replaced mine a month ago on 2305. 5 min job. Loosen alternator. Work belt around the blade, drop over pulleys, tension and tighten bolt on alternator. Easy peasy

/ 2305 fan belt replacement
I replaced mine a month ago on 2305. 5 min job. Loosen alternator. Work belt around the blade, drop over pulleys, tension and tighten bolt on alternator. Easy peasy
Glad to hear that. I'm waiting for the belt to arrive. I'll be happy even if it ends up being a 30 min job.

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #5  
Mine broke after 13 years, parked it, ordered one. Got all set to make a day out of it- changing it. When done, was like dang, that was to simple. Wait till you have to change the starter. That’s a real treat. Have to Jack up motor, 7 bolts off motormount plate, exhaust pipe off. Stupidest design I’ve ever seen.

The belt arrived. I'm a couple of hours in right now :-(

There isn't a lot of movement for the tension adjustment. It took me awhile, with some prying, to get the old belt off. I now have the new belt in, but cannot get it onto the tension pulley. I took the tension bolt off and put the belt on the pulley, but couldn't get the bolt back in. It just wouldn't line up.

Did your belt slip on pretty easily? I should've compared the old belt to the new one before installing.

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #7  
The belt arrived. I'm a couple of hours in right now :-(

There isn't a lot of movement for the tension adjustment. It took me awhile, with some prying, to get the old belt off. I now have the new belt in, but cannot get it onto the tension pulley. I took the tension bolt off and put the belt on the pulley, but couldn't get the bolt back in. It just wouldn't line up.

Did your belt slip on pretty easily? I should've compared the old belt to the new one before installing.

Sorry to hear having issues. No, mine was tight also. I took all bolts out of alternator, once belt Was on, able to pull it back over an put bolt in. Maybe you could use a crowbar or board for leverage. Dang that stinks. Seriously didn’t take me maybe 10 mins.

Last edited:
Got it on! Took longer than expected ..... as always. I had the mounting bolt loose, and took the tensioner bolt off. Put the belt on, then pried the alternator into a position where the bolt would thread back in. I was a little concerned about prying with a nail pry bar when I couldn't see real well what I was prying against. Also the tension bolt has a spacer that had to be in place while prying. Slightly tricky, a third hand would've been good, but it stayed on the bolt pretty well. Tightened everything up and it is running well.

The help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ 2305 fan belt replacement #9  
Got it on! Took longer than expected ..... as always. I had the mounting bolt loose, and took the tensioner bolt off. Put the belt on, then pried the alternator into a position where the bolt would thread back in. I was a little concerned about prying with a nail pry bar when I couldn't see real well what I was prying against. Also the tension bolt has a spacer that had to be in place while prying. Slightly tricky, a third hand would've been good, but it stayed on the bolt pretty well. Tightened everything up and it is running well.

The help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Glad you got it ! Now …. You need to pay yourself the $900 dollars the dealer would have charged you 🤣