2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!!

/ 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!! #1  

Propjob

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2305
HI All!!
Back again with tales of woe. I have been noticing that my parking brake handle had been a little cockeyed for a while. Today, I had to get into the cowling to tighten the throttle handle tension spring again.. I noticed that the Handle pivots on a shaft that is literally placed in the holes of two plastic ears in the cowl. One side had broken causing the lopsidedness and the other side has started to crack. I would have thought these would have been beefier seeing that a lot of pressure is placed on them. I wonder if JD has seen this problem and resolved it. Has anyone ran into this?? Looks like a new cowl (panel for me) Has anybody changed their's? Looks like the floor boards may need to be removed. Any thought or insight would be appreciated. By the way pictures included.

Attachments

• DSCN2421.jpg
    DSCN2421.jpg
    866.4 KB · Views: 1,246
  • DSCN2422.jpg
    DSCN2422.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 1,093
   / 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!!
Has Any one pulled or replaced the cowl in your Tractor??

/ 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!! #3  
I'm on my 4th tractor and only the newest one even had a parking brake handle. Good luck with the repair.
Stuck

/ 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!! #4  
HI All!!
Back again with tales of woe. I have been noticing that my parking brake handle had been a little cockeyed for a while. Today, I had to get into the cowling to tighten the throttle handle tension spring again.. I noticed that the Handle pivots on a shaft that is literally placed in the holes of two plastic ears in the cowl. One side had broken causing the lopsidedness and the other side has started to crack. I would have thought these would have been beefier seeing that a lot of pressure is placed on them. I wonder if JD has seen this problem and resolved it. Has anyone ran into this?? Looks like a new cowl (panel for me) Has anybody changed their's? Looks like the floor boards may need to be removed. Any thought or insight would be appreciated. By the way pictures included.

Not sure what your question is.
I have had the cowling off my 2305 to add work light switches and replace diodes in the wiring harness.
I disassembled the park brake lever to remove the cowling.

Attachments

• 2305 park brake lever.gif
    2305 park brake lever.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 3,888
   / 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!!
Chips N Dust
What I was looking for is do you have to lift the floor boards to release the bottom of the Cowling? The Plastic fingers that hold the Brake handle on the cowl requires a new cowl because of the break's See Pic's. Sorry if I made that unclear.

JIM

/ 2305 Parking Brake Handle broken!!! #8  
Is there any way to rivet a large fender washer to the cowl panel where the broken part is? Possibly a longer pin and washer on both sides?