3-Point Hitch 2305 Pulling Posts and Homebrew Spinning Jenny

/ 2305 Pulling Posts and Homebrew Spinning Jenny #1  

johnwilldo

Bronze Member
North Eastern Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley
Tractor
John Deere 2305
We just replaced the front pasture fences and had to do it in record time to meet the installers scheduled arrival. The IMatch is a great tool to use in pulling the posts and allows you to rock the post while applying pressure to the three point hitch lever. The post walks right out most of the time, and on larger longer posts, lowering the IMatch slowly lets the chain slip lower and give you a second pull to get the post out of the ground. It goes faster if you have an operator on the tractor and anther person working the chain. My daughter and I were able to pull a post in about two minutes total time on the smaller posts and perhaps four minutes on the brace posts. On a previous job where we had to remove fencing to make way for an outdoor arena, we hand wound all of the wire which was a really time consuming job. I went on YouTube and saw how a Spinning Jenny worked and was configured. I went down to my workshop and fashioned a home brew Spinning Jenny which worked like a charm in winding the old fence wire. I used 7/16 threaded rod, but would use 1/2 inch on a future build and would make the jenny slightly larger in overall diameter.

Heather on Tractor.jpgIMatch Pulling Post.jpgSpinngin Jenny 002.jpgSpinning Jenny 001.jpg