2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #1  

ScottK

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320 w/200cx loader w/53" bucket
I have about 15 hours on my 2320, so it's under warranty but I'm thinking this problem can be fixed without a trip to the dealer. When in 2WD the 4WD light sometimes flashes. It seems to be slop in the stick because I can always wiggle it to make the light go off. Is there a way to adjust this easily?

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #2  
Scott, I see we are in the same neck of the woods. I have about 60 hrs on my 2520 and am haviing the same issue. If I move the handle up with my heel the light willgo out. My guess it is a linkage or switch issue. I will check it out with agrishop tomorrow.

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #3  
Now that you mention it, I have problems with the 4 wheel drive light on my JD 2320 also. I just kick the lever a bit and it seems to solve itself. Maybe this spring I'll look at it and adjust the switch a little. I had to adjust the brakes on my tractor also. One side would hold and the other side would slip. Also adjusted the MMM deck adjustment knob. The pointer on the knob was no where near pointing to the correct position. I never could get the deck to lock at the up position till I figured out the pointer was way off.

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD
I stopped by Agrishop and asked a couple people and they say there is no adjustment for the switch, but that the lever can be tightened up so that it's not so sloppy. I'll see if I can figure that out and if it helps.

Scott

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #5  
Does the lever feel like it's loose? I know that mine feels pretty solid -- there's no slop at all. Maybe the mounting bracket for the switch is loose?

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #6  
BigD9 said:
Also adjusted the MMM deck adjustment knob. The pointer on the knob was no where near pointing to the correct position. I never could get the deck to lock at the up position till I figured out the pointer was way off.

How did you adjust the pointer knob? Mine is way off also. I took the knob off and it is keyed. I took the entire stop cam off the tractor and it I can't figure a way to change it. It is a solid piece with the shaft that the keyed knob connects to. The only thing I thought I could do is pull the sticker off and rotate it a bit.

Regarding the 4WD light. I find on my 2320 that the light comes on before I actually make it all the way into 4WD. The first time I tried to go into 4WD, the light came on as I pushed the lever forward but I didn't push far enough forward to actually go into 4WD. It was like the gears weren't synced. Maybe the lever is just a little loose and "falling" forward enough to close the switch for the light.

/ 2320 4WD indicator light in 2WD #7  
How did you adjust the pointer knob?

Did the same thing as you have done. Gave up and removed the sticker, rotated it to pointer the correct spot, and re-glued. Sometimes simple is better!