2320 front blade

/ 2320 front blade #1  

kernal

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Anyone know if a front blade from an X700 can be used on a 2320? I understand I would need longer hoses and a couple extra mounting plates. I just didn't want to assume the balde and front hitch were the same.

Scott

/ 2320 front blade #2  
The blade is the same, the QH is different however.

/ 2320 front blade
Thanks for the quick reply Kenny, there is one for sale locally. I suppose I'd be farther ahead to get the right one.

/ 2320 front blade #5  
I have an X495, which I think is pretty much the same frame size as the newer X700 series, and I had the JD 54" blade and Quickhitch for it.

I also had an older Yanmar CUT, which I traded in on a new JD2520. As part of the deal, I upgraded the Quickhitch from the X495 to fit the new 2520, which uses the same blade. The Quickhitch for the 2520 is "taller", as the front end of the 2520 sits quite a bit higher. As I understand it, the quickhitch itself (for any model) only comes with the lift cylinder to make the blade move up and down. The angling cylinder is an option over and above, because my dealer took the the original angling cylinder off of the X495 hitch and added it to the new Quickhitch which fits the 2520.

REV

/ 2320 front blade #6  
kennyd said:
The blade is the same, the QH is different however.

Can you explain what you mean by QH? My q-hitch was the same only the mounting frames that mount to the tractor were different and I have used the same QH on a x595, 2320, and now 2520.

/ 2320 front blade #7  
Can you explain what you mean by QH? My q-hitch was the same only the mounting frames that mount to the tractor were different and I have used the same QH on a x595, 2320, and now 2520.
That is basically what I meant. The setup from the x700 will not directly bolt onto his tractor. With the prices of these parts it make buying a used one less attractive.

/ 2320 front blade #8  
kennyd said:
That is basically what I meant. The setup from the x700 will not directly bolt onto his tractor. With the prices of these parts it make buying a used one less attractive.

Been awhile I wonder what they want for that subframe. It was $100 something when I bought mine 6 years ago. Plus I got lucky the frame was the same for the 2320 and 2520.