2360 snowblower electric chute deflector

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #11  
+1 for 4" being plenty- I do go "high" with the deflector, but don't believe I've ever gone to its lowest setting.

AMCS- Go for it, it does make removal a whole lot easier! For storage, I just coil the cord around the chute; the connection in the tractor has a rubber cover.

Attachments

• 4-flat blower conn..JPG
    4-flat blower conn..JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 554
  • 4-flat blower conn. stored.JPG
    4-flat blower conn. stored.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 617
   / 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #12  
I only used one nut and bolt on the bracket and used washers so it will pivot the little amount that it has to.It's worked great so far.

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #13  
I was wondering is that an electric motor or hydraulic on the ''spin'' screw??I coudl sure do something like that andwould be interested .. thanks

That's an electric motor I got off ebay.It's a 50 rpm reversible gear motor for $59

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #14  
I only used one nut and bolt on the bracket and used washers so it will pivot the little amount that it has to.It's worked great so far.

OK! I get it now :) BTW great job. That's a nice rotator/deflector setup.

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'v decided to go with the 4 inch (3.93) unit from Surplus Center. Being able to rely on the internal stops to not damage the actuator or the deflector from operator error is a excellent point Jaylegger. Plus, I can play with were I decide to mount the actuator pin to get more or less deflector movement (move the pin a little closer or further from the hinge on the deflector).

Based on another recent thread I'm considering mounting the actuator upside down keep water from collecting in the base and freezing up the drive gears. Other that looking a little goofy is there any reason I should not do this? The blower is stored in a garage. Will it be fine rite side up?

Cheers!

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #16  
Based on another recent thread I'm considering mounting the actuator upside down keep water from collecting in the base and freezing up the drive gears. Other that looking a little goofy is there any reason I should not do this? The blower is stored in a garage. Will it be fine rite side up?

Cheers!

It would appear even within the population of actuators spec'd for the blower some leak and others do not. I'd play it safe and mount upside-down, though it does look a little goofy not as goofy looking as getting off your tractor to remove the actuator and adjust the deflector by hand when and if it does leak and freeze. I had a minor issue of the actuator body rubbing on the deflectors slide nut so I ground down the nut to about 1/2 it's original depth which provided more than enough clearance. Your set will undoubtedly be different so likely will not required that step.

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #17  
I suppose it was a matter of time but the last few weeks I've had to defrost the chute rotator with a heat gun to get that to work and when it was working it was painfully lethargic. Today I took the motor apart and not too surprising, similar to my previous deflector actuator problem, it was full of water too. I drained the water, cleaned everything up with a spray contact cleaner and it's good as new again.

Testing the RPM with no load prior to cleaning provided 40 rpm at the drive gear, after draining and cleaning I'm up to about 76 RPM which rotates the chute from stop to stop in about 12 seconds whereas before, using a stopwatch, it took forever.:D

Though I'm very happy with Massey in general I've had issues with the both motors now after only one year of ownership, don't know what they were thinking when they sourced these two motors. I see Bercomac has a kit for their blowers for less than the Massey kit and it comes with a very user friendly 8 position joystick and I'd bet the motors are waterproof too. The deflector is different but could likely be used on the 2360.

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 522
   / 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #18  
Jaylegger-- maybe I'll have to do the same to mine; I still haven't had any problems with the deflector, but have had the rotator freeze up twice now.

I wasn't sure where the ice was forming, though; I thought perhaps it was in the front "bushing" thing that's attached to the top of the blower.... but maybe it's inside?

Both times a few minutes with a heat gun and it seemed OK. Until the next time. Uh....:confused2:

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #19  
Jaylegger-- maybe I'll have to do the same to mine; I still haven't had any problems with the deflector, but have had the rotator freeze up twice now.

I wasn't sure where the ice was forming, though; I thought perhaps it was in the front "bushing" thing that's attached to the top of the blower.... but maybe it's inside?

Both times a few minutes with a heat gun and it seemed OK. Until the next time. Uh....:confused2:

I went through the same progression, at first thought it was ice build-up around the collar directly in front of the motor then thought perhaps it was ice inside the front bushing tube thing until after clearing that one day there still was no movement so decided to heat the bottom of the motor and voila. When I took it off today I shook and could hear the water sloshing around. Might purchase some of that liquid plastic stuff to dip the motor into, except I wouldn't want that leaking into the housing.

/ 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector #20  
Jaylegger: Same problem with my rotator, pulled it off, took it apart, many oz. of water came out, armature will not even spin, too much rust inside. One of the brushes also stuck and does not even contact the armature--more rust! Wish me luck, currently in process of cleaning and attempting to get motor functioning again. Your picture is the same as my actuator, how is the water getting in???