Tires 240 Tires

/ 240 Tires #1  

Nala

Can someone translate my YM240 tire size? I have 13.6 - 16 turf tires on my tractor and they're badly cracked. I'd like to buy new/used tires but can't relate that size to anything I see on the net.

Thanks for any help.

/ 240 Tires #2  
On my ym2000 same as your US.240 my Bridgestone lug Specials are 9.5/9-24

Carey

/ 240 Tires #3  
Can someone translate my YM240 tire size? I have 13.6 - 16 turf tires on my tractor and they're badly cracked. I'd like to buy new/used tires but can't relate that size to anything I see on the net.

Thanks for any help.
That's the correct tire size according to the original YM240 sales brochure.

Hopefully somebody here, or perhaps a large ag tire distributor, can suggest a modern replacement that will fit your rims.

/ 240 Tires #5  
Carey,

Yanmar-USA originally offered a choice between ag tires on 24" rims, vs turf tires on 16" rims. Nala needs replacements for 16" OEM turf tires that came on the tractor when it was new.

/ 240 Tires #6  
We normally stock the 13.6-16 turf tire. We actually sold two already today. They are not cheap though.

/ 240 Tires #7  
Yeah I seen that. My guess is the 13.6-16 probably are not easily available and was giving Steve at Spalding as a reference who would most likely know what Her options were. I'm sure he would being a US. supplied Dealer for 10yrs. I would think he has ran across it before.;)

Carey

/ 240 Tires #8  

Thanks for any help.

If they hold air there fine. If not, get tubes or new tubes put in them and run them till the tubes blow out of the tire from rubber loss. It will not hurt anything, after all that tractor tops out at what 12-14MPH.

/ 240 Tires #9  
Clemsonfor is right. These aren't Turfs but the tires have been on my YM2000 for Yrs. with tubes in them. There are some pretty deep cracks. IMO typical VN. When I bought it I figured I would also be replaceing them. To the day I have not had to add any air to them yet. You can also cut and add a old Tube as a buffer to give you more protection at the cracks if need be.

Carey

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 186
   / 240 Tires #10  
... after all that tractor tops out at what 12-14MPH.
8.58 mph when equipped with big tires. Maybe a third less than that, with these little turf tires.

Nala, Clemsonfor and Carey are right. Replace the tubes if needed to keep the air in them. Then run until the tubes are bulging through worn spots. Or at least until you see the fourth ply (4-ply tires) bare, exposed, abraded. It's pointless to replace them before then.

You probably have years of remaining life there.