2400b(value)

/ 2400b(value) #1  

rbg60

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 2400 case Ih Jx75
I have a IH 2400b industrial lowboy with loader, it does have live pto,3point, joystick with shuttle.It has 2100 hrs and is in decent shape.It is a 1974 model.I can't find the value for this tractor anywhere.Any input would help.
Thanks Rex

/ 2400b(value) #2  
I did some searching on www.ytmag.com but could not find anything for you. There use to be a page out there that was that had all kinds of classifieds. Maybe someone out there knows of the page and you should get an idea if anyone else has one for sale.

murph

/ 2400b(value) #3  
Avg auction price for the 2400 lowboy is $1500 high price is $2k. Your 2400b is a few years newer and with the loader I would think you should be able to get at least $3k for it. I would ask for $4k or $4500 and see how it goes. Your other option now that you bought your JX is to ask your salesman if he can appraise your 2400b for you. My dealer will appraise equipment for me that I am looking to buy and will also help me with items I want to sell.

As for selling your machine, it has a lot of good features and you should be able to sell it for quite a bit but the only things I can see that hurts the value of it is the fact it is 2wd and its age. If the paint is good I would start out asking $6k for it and if it don't sell then lower down some but I would not go below $4k if it is as nice as it sounds.