Comparison 25 Series 4 WD

/ 25 Series 4 WD #1  

michellesc7

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5410 4wd Cab w/ loader, Mahindra 6500 4wd Q/A FEL, John Deere 4120 4wd w/ FEL & John Deere 1050 4wd
Hi
I am looking at the 50 hp range tractors but I want 4wd. I see the 4025 has come out with 4wd. I know this is a no frills tractor. Has anyone seen it? The specs are more in line with the 50 HP tractors (e.g. 5010). What does it list for? Does it have shuttle shift? (I have this on my 6500). I recently looked at the 5000 E series Deeres and I was amazed they did not have shuttle and guess what they were made in India.

Where is the 167 cu in 4025 engine made? Anyone own a 4025 and wish they had a 5525?
Tell me your thoughts.

I have a 4505 2wd and a Deere 1050 4wd w/o loader and I am going to sell both and get something about 45 to 55 hp with 4wd and loader. 6500 is too big for everyday tasks.

Thanks
Michelle

/ 25 Series 4 WD #2  
The 4025 4WD is only available with an 8X2--no shuttle. Should be arriving on dealer lots mid-March.

Have you looked at the 4530? Nice machine, reasonably priced and feature an 8X8 mech shuttle.

The 25 and 30 series Mahindras have Mahindra engines.

/ 25 Series 4 WD #3  
I have a 4025 and like it very well, however, I don't use it like I think most of you do. I don't shred (that's what goats are for) and we certainly don't have snow. I have had it for about 18 months and it suits my purposes. I mostly use the loader for grading and brush. if I had to criticize anything it would be the lack of adequate hydraulics. They are too slow and because of it I have not purchased a couple of implements I had planned to originally Don't really use the tractor that much to consider larger pump, etc. As for 4 wheel drive, I knew I really didn't need it so never really considered it. To me the traditional transmission is what a tractor is all about, but again, I don't use it like others.

/ 25 Series 4 WD #4  
I am not familiar with the 4025, but I do have a 5530. This does have the shuttle8x8 and is a good utility machine. Have plowed(2 bottom), disced, bush hogged (6'), and lots of of loader work. It is a heavy machine so you aren't going to be using a finish mower. I would suggest taking a look at them at the very least.

/ 25 Series 4 WD
Thanks All
When I looked at buying my first Mahindra in 06 I started with the 4530 and the 5500 even looked at some used 6000. Thought the 6500 was a monster and too big at the time- boy I am glad I got it! At the time I had one farm and a good running compact 1050 and I was looking at needing something with loader to push dirt, pull dirt and push light brush. Well the 6500 does all of that.

When I bought the 2nd farm I bought it to farm mostly organic vegetables bu I do pumpkins and berries too. I use the 6500 to chisel plow and pull and push dirt at this farm. Have a gooseneck to move the tractor. The 1050 4wd and the 4505 DI 2wd are too small to do lots of hours disking, cultivating and planting. I could use the 6500 as I did all of last year, but I need something small and manueverable but strong enough so the 4530 and the 5500 may be good fits for these. And a loader is always needed to move things around and push piles for burning, managing my large compost heaps. I had to have my rows as wide as the 6500 last year and I'd like to step them down to get more planted in the same area.

Talked to local farmer and he has a 4025, I just think the specs are par with the 5010 and probably the 4530. Local farmer thought I needed to go slightly bigger but he does not have 4wd! Found out the 4025s 4wd are coming out mid late March as one of you said. So I go look. Seems to be alot of choices around the 45 to 55 hp group. Some are very pricey.

Anybody farming with one of these tractors? If so how are the rows worked?

Thanks
Michelle

/ 25 Series 4 WD #6  
Michelle,
Have you looked at the 4035? I think I will trade the 6000 in on a 4035. I need something just a little bigger than the 3316, but not as big as the 6000. The 3316 does great in the garden...great manueverability, good power, tight rows...it just lacks the weight to plow and disc. I thought the next sensible move up from it was the 4035. Some have had luck plowing and such with the 16 series, but here I just can't get the grip. Other than that I love the 16 series and am amazed by what it will do! 4035 gives you a lot more options on the tranny!

/ 25 Series 4 WD #7  
Subscribed!

I am also looking at the 4wd 4025. I wish they had the 6525 in 4wd. I like the simple tranny. Although you have to come to a complete stop and move the gear shift to where you want every time you do something, but thats they way they used to do it. I look at it as a simple tranny and less to go wrong in it and less to rebuild if time ever comes. No extra remotes in the back suck, but like anything else you can add them later. Simple with few electronics. 41HP @ 2300rpm. Lower rpm longer life in my book. Nice lift capacity on loader and 3point. I also like the old school look.

I have also looked at the 5035 but I do not like the way the 49.5HP is rated at 2800rpm. Seems like more electronics for a animal to chew thru. Faster shifting from forward to reverse rather it be shuttle or HST. Weighs bout the same as the 4025 with both coming in right under 5,000lbs.

So this is where I am at hopefully my thoughts help you, but I am still up in the air.

Here is some links for those who dont have them.
4025 4wd
Mahindra USA Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty
5035 4wd
Mahindra USA Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty

/ 25 Series 4 WD
Joel good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you.

Tool Box Tavern is dead on. Simple and robust. Mahindra is smart to offer something for everyone but I thingk the 35 series are a lot of trinkets and gadgets, with inflated HP ratings to compete with the Kubotas. As I mentioned on my last post the 4025 has some impressive specs -wt, cu in, basically "umph" to pull and move dirt. I need something maneuverable but mighty but not too big of a turning radius. Sure I considered the 3510 and 3616 but I don't think they would hold up to the hours I need to put in on the tractor.

I also wish Mahindra would offer the 4wd in the larger 25 series, but do they need to?

I talked to a dealer the other day and the pecking order for price and simplicity to complexity for a 4wd 50 hpish tractor would be 4025, 4530 or 5010, 5035. Yes the 5035 is a grand tractor but why would'nt someone buy an M series John Deere for the same price?

Joel I think the 4035 is not enough tractor at 115 cu / 3 cylinders in versus 167 cu / 4 cylinders in that the 4025 offers. My JD 1050 is 105 cu in / 3 cylinders and packs a small punch but no loader. But the 4035 is a grand tractor for low hrs and has better ergonomics but will have alot of maintenance issues as time rolls on.

So what about the 5010? What about people that own the 4510, the 5010 and the 5035? anyone doing farming (I ask again). What is tough and dependable? I can't make my choice on ergonomics alone. Where are the farmers on this website? Are they buying the Indian made 5000E series John Deeres with the plastic hoods? By the way my nearest Mahindra dealership is an hour to and hour and a half away. That is also working on me.

Michelle

/ 25 Series 4 WD #9  
I also thought about the 5010. 49HP @ 2600RPM is better than 49.5 @ 2800RPM on the 5035 and weighs in roughly at a 1,000lbs less than the 4025 and the 5035 not to mention the 10 series have Daedong motors in them. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but me not having any knowledge of it bothers me.

Again I wish I could get the 6525 in 4wd. I would sign the paper work yesterday.

/ 25 Series 4 WD #10  
In my application I need better ergonomics than the 6000 so I'm guessing that rules out what you're looking at. Honestly I'm leary of them. I could be wrong. Believe it or not I have been. Have you considered like a 4500 used? I'm spoiled now after the 7010!