2500-2600 hood latch problem

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #1  

duffer

Platinum Member
Tractor
'16 Mahindra 2538
Anybody else having difficulty opening the hood on their 2500-2600 series?

Mine is a b____ to unlatch. Sometimes I have to take a screwdriver and hammer to it. I lube the heck out of it, and it still is difficult. It appears to be lined up, it's just the release lever that won't move the latch mechanism.

Has anybody changed the release lever outside the hood to something different?

Thanx for any input.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #2  
My hood unlatches fine, however it has to be lined up exactly or it will not latch.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #3  
My hood unlatches fine, however it has to be lined up exactly or it will not latch.

Yup mine I have to spray wd40 to open it, after doing that I clean the filters then I air blow it and spray the latch again. Specialty if ur in dusty dry areas.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #4  

Same thing with mine. Popping the hood open is no problem whatsoever, getting it to latch down, that痴 a different story. I think it痴 because the hood itself is so flexible that keeping it lined up is a challenge.

As for unlatching, I would suspect a misalignment issue of the hood latch to be the issue.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #5  
Anybody else having difficulty opening the hood on their 2500-2600 series?

Mine is a b____ to unlatch. Sometimes I have to take a screwdriver and hammer to it. I lube the heck out of it, and it still is difficult. It appears to be lined up, it's just the release lever that won't move the latch mechanism.

Has anybody changed the release lever outside the hood to something different?

Thanx for any input.

Push DOWN lightly on the hood till the tension is off, hit the latch, let go.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #6  
Yep, same problem. eventually i got unlatched using a screwdriver and pushing down inside the lock (i already had a small hole in the grille to use the screwdriver). then took it out and it still was jammed, lubed it up, smacked ti around and it started to work. been working for 5 months now, opened it about 10 times so far no problem.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem #7  
Duffer, I started to have issues with unlatching the hood. Turned out the space under the latch was filled with grass etc. As I was blowing out the screens I accidentally blew it all clear and it works like new again. If you are still having problems might want to check that.

/ 2500-2600 hood latch problem
after trying a few different things, it appears the problem was alignment with the mechanism. I dented the hood, or should I say, I added some "character" to the hood, and it pushed it a little out of alignment. When I apply a little persuasion with my hand, it unlatches fine.
Thanx for the suggestions guys !