2520 and box blade width

/ 2520 and box blade width #1  

smalltown

Gold Member
Tractor
2011, JD 2520
I've got a "line" on a used Woods 60" box blade weight 495lbs., GB series.

The look on the wifes face when I first mentioned it wasn't to promising, but it seems to be a good price.

Did some searches for forum owners with a 2520 and the 60" box blade to be sure it would handle it ok with turf tires, but nothing obvious jumped out.

From what I have read on here Woods makes a quality Box Blade.

It's also listed as "ASAE quick-hitch compatible" so I imagine it would fit the iMatch quick hitch without any mods?

Will the 2520 be ok with this?

/ 2520 and box blade width #2  
I found a deal on a new Woods GB60 and wanted to know if a JD2320 would handle it. So I borrowed a friends 60 inch box blade and the JD2320 handled it fine. So I bought the new Woods GB60 and it works great with my JD2320. So with your 2 extra hp and 200 lbs the JD2520 will be fine.

/ 2520 and box blade width
JDGREEN1 thanks are you running R3 or R4 tires?

/ 2520 and box blade width #4  
I picked up a woods GB48 for my 2320. it took is maiden voyage this past weekend trying to grade my yard. I have to say the machine had plenty of power for a full box but lacked traction due to the muddy wet conditions. i am running R3s and ran out of traction before power. Give the nature of the soil and how deep you are cutting the 2520 should have no issues with the "60. my buddy is running a 60" on his MF 2600 (24hp) and says its doing fine.

/ 2520 and box blade width #6  
Hey smalltown
I just got a Woods GB65.It should be delivered tomorrow. I bought it from Rosseels in Michigan. The blade was 600.00 and shipping to my location was 123.00. IMO,that deal is hard to beat!:thumbsup:

From what I have read on here Woods makes a quality Box Blade.
I am pretty certain,that the JD Frontier brand is actually a Woods product. If you look at a Woods and a Frontier,they are identical.

Greg

Last edited:
   / 2520 and box blade width
Well it was apparently sold before I could get the attention of the seller.
At least I know that the 2520 should be ok with a 60" box blade.

P.S. Funny the wife doesn't seem disappointed that it was gone :confused:

/ 2520 and box blade width #8  
I have a Frontier 60 inch box blade for my 2520 and have been very pleased with the performance. I have R-4 tires on my machine.

/ 2520 and box blade width #9  
My 2520 doesn't want any more than the 60 inch Frontier Box I have on it. I can stall it with this box. It works great, but works the tractor hard in hard clay soils.

/ 2520 and box blade width #10  
I have a 66" frontier box scraper. It does very well for me. I have had times that it stopped the 2520 but it was full and digging. Over all I am pleased with it. I can't imagine you will be disappointed in a 60".