Mowing 2520 and the first mow.

/ 2520 and the first mow.
Yeah they look good, just a bit much for me right now. I have to get a rear blade that offsets tilts and angles 1st. Trying to figure out if the Med. blade from everything attachments will work on the IMatch set up??

If this is what your looking at: Medium Duty Scrape Blades

You should be able to use this blade on your I-match as long as you buy these items from agsupplyonline..

QUICK HITCH ADAPTER KIT CAT 1-3

http://agsupplyonline.com/.sc/ms/dd... Link Bushings/34697/TOP LINK BUSHING CAT 1-2

The hitch pin below will hold your top link bushing for I-match.

http://agsupplyonline.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/23232/Economy Hitch Pin

Also I would get the 5' blade so it is wide enough for your tractor.

Kennyd, ?
Anyone... Correct me if I'm wrong on this setup for Gobblin Tom..

Something that I like to do is this....When I mow, I start out by trimming all around shrubs and trees and gardens that are in the yard with the push mower. Set it either higher or lower than that of your tractor with deck.

It makes for a beautiful finish.:thumbsup:

I actually do what I call pre-mowing. :D

I pre-mow around all the shrubs and trees as not to hit the ROPS on any low branches. I'm use to this ritual as my last tractor had a cab on it.

/ 2520 and the first mow. #13  
Do you have a quick disconnect bucket so you can add your forks? I was looking at some but a bit pricey for me.....

ALL the John Deere tractors have what is called JDQA (John Deere Quick Attach) standard. Just another selling point over other colors. I HIGHLY recommend the Artillian forks as well.

/ 2520 and the first mow. #14  

You should be able to use this blade on your I-match as long as you buy these items from agsupplyonline..

TOP LINK BUSHING CAT 1-2

Economy Hitch Pin

Kennyd, ?

Yes...BUT: You would need to verify that the blade is built to the ASAE standard for QA use. A phone call to Ted at EA would confirm. But I suspect he will say it's not. Unfortunately there are very few implement makers following the standard. They are not hard to modify if you have the tools/know-how.

kennyd said:
Yes...BUT: You would need to verify that the blade is built to the ASAE standard for QA use. A phone call to Ted at EA would confirm. But I suspect he will say it's not. Unfortunately there are very few implement makers following the standard. They are not hard to modify if you have the tools/know-how.

Thanks Kenny,

I knew if Anyone would know it would be you.

/ 2520 and the first mow. #16  
I have discovered (62d on 2520) that although the markings on the lever bear no relationship to inches off the ground, the increments do approximate inches. For instance mine all the way up to 9 is actually 4 inches off the ground, and 8 and 1/2 is about 3 1/2. Does anyone's wash out port do anything. Mine does'nt even start to get any of the built of grass off the deck. We have had so much rain, that the last deck cleanout netted 2 drywall buckets of wet grass.

/ 2520 and the first mow. #17  
It's nice to see I'm not the only one that thinks the 2520 is a darn good grass cutter.

I have discovered (62d on 2520) that although the markings on the lever bear no relationship to inches off the ground, the increments do approximate inches. For instance mine all the way up to 9 is actually 4 inches off the ground, and 8 and 1/2 is about 3 1/2

That makes perfect sense because I have mine set at 7 and I'm just about cutting at an inch and a half.:)

Does anyone's wash out port do anything. Mine does'nt even start to get any of the built of grass off the deck. We have had so much rain, that the last deck cleanout netted 2 drywall buckets of wet grass.

Never used it.I have a nice bed of pine needles that I run through after I'm done cutting. Keeps the underside spotless.:thumbsup:

Greg

/ 2520 and the first mow. #18  

TOP LINK BUSHING CAT 1-2

Economy Hitch Pin

Kennyd, ?

Hey thanks!! I did talk to EA yesterday and they said it should be compatible but no guarantee..... I was actually looking at the 6' blade so I can get past the tractor to cut and maintain my ditches along my driveway & I will be using it to plow in the winter. They said a 6' blade will be good because of angling it for snow work. I have to be able to reach well past the tractor for the ditches but do you think the 6' blade will be to much??? I will have to order that bushing kit when I order the blade!!!!

/ 2520 and the first mow. #19  
Hey thanks!! I did talk to EA yesterday and they said it should be compatible but no guarantee..... I was actually looking at the 6' blade so I can get past the tractor to cut and maintain my ditches along my driveway & I will be using it to plow in the winter. They said a 6' blade will be good because of angling it for snow work. I have to be able to reach well past the tractor for the ditches but do you think the 6' blade will be to much??? I will have to order that bushing kit when I order the blade!!!!
I have a 6' Rhino brand rear blade for my 2520. I can easily adjust the L/R angle, tilt as well as off-set. I have used to grade my gravel driveway and plow snow. The 2520 never had any trouble with the 6' blade, but I did have to use 4-wheel drive a few times coming up the hill of my driveway.

/ 2520 and the first mow. #20  
I have a 6' Rhino brand rear blade for my 2520. I can easily adjust the L/R angle, tilt as well as off-set. I have used to grade my gravel driveway and plow snow. The 2520 never had any trouble with the 6' blade, but I did have to use 4-wheel drive a few times coming up the hill of my driveway.

I am guessing that I will be using 4wd a good bit going up my driveway. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the rhino 6' blade? I was going with the one from EA because of the price and free shipping. I have a dealer about 20mi away that carrys them, also are they IMatch compatible??