2520 Discontinued?

/ 2520 Discontinued? #11  
Doty, I can not say for sure but i would think that seeing how those units where made by Yanmar and now with Yanmar selling tractors i would think you wouldn't supply your competitor. I may be wrong.

Yanmar has been making Deere machines for decades. They also make their own distinct machines also, sold either by them or formerly rebranded by other manufacturers.

I would think that for Yanmar to quit selling to Deere would be a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face. Yanmar is content to take Deere money and business, and to be a secondary player in the American and EU markets. It can be a big player in the markets that the big boys are leery of, or that their sophisticated machines aren't well suited for.

Last edited:
   / 2520 Discontinued? #12  
They did the one series last year, they are doing the 2 series now, so I suspect the 3 series in next year-just a guess though. They even re-named the 1026R to the 1025R and re-rated it for this model year.

I think next year will be an interesting year as both the 3000 and 4000 series are suppose to be refreshed. It will be very interesting to see if JD actually comes out with a gas engine model in each of those series.

/ 2520 Discontinued?
They did the one series last year, they are doing the 2 series now, so I suspect the 3 series in next year-just a guess though. They even re-named the 1026R to the 1025R and re-rated it for this model year.

So is the 2320 still available for ordering/pricing? I'm in the market to trade but I'm confused. Are you saying I should buy the 2320 I saw on the lot yesterday? ...Assuming I like the tractor

/ 2520 Discontinued? #14  
So is the 2320 still available for ordering/pricing? I'm in the market to trade but I'm confused. Are you saying I should buy the 2320 I saw on the lot yesterday? ...Assuming I like the tractor
As far as I know, the 2320 is not being renamed, rebadged, or eliminated...right now.

Here is a snapshot from the JD Build Your Own page I took just now after trying to build a 2520:
image.jpg

It looked like I could build the 2520 or 2720 at first, but then this page came up. Things appear to be very fluid, so all I am saying is if you see what you want on the lot-you should buy it if you can. The newer models will be more money-you can pretty much count on that.

/ 2520 Discontinued? #15  
Cub Cadet never made the tractors, They were always Yanmar tractors, cub cadet was just marketing. They have not been discontinued. Cub Cadet and Yanmar split. Now they are sold just under the Yanmar name. Can someone explain to me why John Deere always has to change models numbers.

/ 2520 Discontinued? #17  
I also find Deere's constant changing of model numbers annoying. I also don't think they do a good job of using a system that makes sense to the consumer.

Yanmar has been making tractors for Deere and selling their own for a very long time. Nothing new. Deere designs them and Yanmar manufactures them as a sub. I've had several Yanmar engines and I think they are very good.

/ 2520 Discontinued? #18  
Tractorslinger ( who is a dealer) says the 2520 is gone and the new 2520r is a replacement for the 2320. If so that's too bad. it seems to me that the 2520 was a popular tractor. The reason I have a 2720 is because the 2520 was not available and I happened to be able to afford the difference. The 2320 has a less than desirable driveshaft compared to the 25/ 2720. I think having three tractors in the 2000 series was a good idea.

/ 2520 Discontinued? #19  
[Can someone explain to me why John Deere always has to change models numbers.]
They're trying to keep up with New Holland. LOL.

/ 2520 Discontinued? #20  
I was in the dealership on Friday, the sales guy said he can still order a 2520 in any configuration i needed. They aren't discontinued just yet.