2520 in Iowa?

/ 2520 in Iowa? #1  

ssnyd

I am a first time buyer looking to buy a 2520 w 200cx fel and 62d onramp mmm. I'm having trouble finding a dealer who wants to deal. They tell me 6% off the jd price and build is as good as it gets. Ive seen a lot better prices posted on here. I live near Des Moines. HELP

/ 2520 in Iowa? #2  
Call Ryan at Phelps Implement in Grundy Center, Iowa... they were fabulous to deal with.

Replied to your PM as well....

Btw... Grundy Center is only about 60 minutes NE of Altoona...

/ 2520 in Iowa? #3  
The price I settled on is one of the higher ones I've seen (not by that much) but seems to be fairly good for my area. Also take into account that some of the prices you are seeing involve trades and show more money off the new tractor but give less on the trade...

Pick a few dealers within a distance you are willing to regularly travel and get them started on a bidding war. Get printed quotes and make sure they are itemized with all fees included in order to compare apples to apples. Before it's over you'll know who wants to sell you a tractor.

/ 2520 in Iowa? #4  
there is a dealer in Ankeny that i saw no idea how they are. One in Ames to with a fair amount of tractors on the lot...last tiem i was there.

/ 2520 in Iowa? #5  
If it helps. The dealer offered me 6% on the tractor and 12% on the fel and mower. Still negotiating. Going for 10% on the tractor then I will sign. Not sure but I have herd they are anxious to sell near end of the month.

good luck!

/ 2520 in Iowa? #6  
The dealer in Ames is Four Seasons, which is part of the Van Wall group, which includes Perry, Madrid, and about half a dozen other dealers. Four Seasons has a great selection of small Deere's and they carry Land Pride attachments as well. But I think you will find them a little high on pricing. If you already have a quote from a Van Wall group dealer, Ames would probably be very similar.