2520 power

/ 2520 power #1  

hanson1999

Gold Member
Tractor
JD
Has anyone ever tried to increase engine power on the 2000 series deeres? or even the older 4000 smaller framed tractors?? I'm hoping the injector pump has an adjustment screw??

Could always use just a little more shoulda bought the 2720 i guess!

/ 2520 power #2  
Would like to know also. I haven't needed it yet, but always could in future

/ 2520 power #3  
Hiya,

I don't find a lack of power with the 2520, it suffers from a lack of traction. The chassis is just not heavy enough for the power in low range. I constantly break the tires lose when pushing into a dirt pile and that's with loaded tires, wheel weights and a Portland filled weight box on it when using the loader.

I wouldn't worry about turning up the pump, if you think you need more power, get a bigger chassis that will put that extra power to the ground rather than turning the tires in the dirt.

Tom

/ 2520 power #4  
When I dig wet sand, with my 61 inch bucket I can stall mine with ease.
All I gotta do is drive forward, and lift the loader at the same time, and it smokes black and loses rpms quick.
I know i do have BAD diesel in my area, so thats hurting me overall.

/ 2520 power #5  
I think my 2520 has plenty of power. IMO what it needs is a mid range gear added to the transmission.

/ 2520 power #6  
I fully agree on the mid range gear. I am either too fast ( high range) or too slow (Low range) for the job I am doing. The lack of mid range would be my only problem with the 2520!

/ 2520 power #7  
Yep, low range is ALWAYS on the floor, but HI is hard to do much in, because its so fast that it has little power.