Price Check 2520 pricing - make me feel good

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #11  
I agree with RollTide. I think you can do a little better, especially this time of year. Dangle that carrot. The salesman has to buy his wife a shiny new ring for Christmas :) At least another 5% to 7% off I'd say but... it does depend on your location. Hope that helps. Good luck!

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #12  
I agree with what the others are telling you. Seems like you should be able to get a deal better than $23K. I ordered my 2520/200CX/46BH in late July (got it Sept 1). Paid just a hair over $21K (+8% sales tax). Also included were 2 pairs 60# wheel weights (but no fluid in the tires), 4 suitcase weights, bucket level gauge, rear work light, and block heater. No setup charges. As a point of reference, I'm in western NY state. I do have a great relationship with my dealer, but before this I'd only ever bought parts and a couple of push mowers from them. I guess they really wanted my business. Good luck on your purchase.

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #13  
Looks like you gotta GREAT deal Hemi!!!

Whats your location Diggah?

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #14  
diggah said:
Just agreed to $23,000 for 2520 w/200CX FEL, 46BH, and rear tires filled to the top.

How'd we do? (If you're out there Jeff - no comments from you! :D )

BTW - Thanks for all the great reading the past couple of months...

Sounds like you've already inked the papers ("Just agreed") to a phenomenal machine. Congrats... :cool:
NOW... just my thoughts but you're torturing yourself by asking if it's a good deal after the fact :D ... There will ALWAYS be someone getting a better deal than you (and me). So I wouldn't over analyze pricing now that it's done. Enjoy it and don't look back.:)

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #15  
This is my first post, hopefully I won't mess it up. I paid roughly 24K (not including tax) for my setup. JD2520, 200CX FEL, 46BH, BB, Rake, i-Match and Weight Box.

Attachments

• 2520.jpg
    2520.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 352
   / 2520 pricing - make me feel good #16  
Shawk said:
Sounds like you've already inked the papers ("Just agreed") to a phenomenal machine. Congrats... :cool:
NOW... just my thoughts but you're torturing yourself by asking if it's a good deal after the fact :D ... There will ALWAYS be someone getting a better deal than you (and me). So I wouldn't over analyze pricing now that it's done. Enjoy it and don't look back.:)

Shawk,

He said he AGREED. Is that a verbal with a wink and a handshake or has the deal actually been written up and signed. Big difference. If he hasn't, there is NOTHING wrong with recanting and shopping it a little. It's the time of year these guys are DEALING. The dealer I get my parts from is begging me to buy a new tractor and he's giving DEEP discounts. He's called me twice this month for my biz. Don't settle if you don't have to, it's the buyer that makes the payments not the saleman and his bruised ego and hurt feelings. :D Merry Christmas ALL

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #17  
Hey, TomKioti, you might want to run that by the folks at Pennzoil... Back in the mid-80s, Pennzoil had a verbal (with handshake) deal to purchase a company. Another (larger) oil company came along and "unhooked" the deal, causing the company they acquired to break their "word". Pennzoil took them to court, and won a TON of money from them - something like $100MM. The judge ruled that a verbal agreement could (and did) constitute a "contract" if it otherwise met the legal definitions.

I remember it well, because one of my best friends' wife worked for Pennzoil, and she got called in to work the night the payment was electronically transferred to them... Seems their accounting system couldn't handle an amount larger than $99,999,999.99, and she had to make a bunch of emergency fixes to allow it to process the payment.

Gee, I wish I had that problem with my bank account! :D

OK, in the "real world", no dealer is going to try to enforce such a handshake deal, because of the bad publicity it would generate. But they probably could if they really wanted to, and had witnesses.

I guess to me the bigger issue would be the "personal honor" side of it. Once I give my word on something, I don't need a judge to tell me that I need to honor it... Probably my military background...

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #18  
TomKioti said:
Shawk,

He said he AGREED. Is that a verbal with a wink and a handshake or has the deal actually been written up and signed. Big difference. If he hasn't, there is NOTHING wrong with recanting and shopping it a little. It's the time of year these guys are DEALING. The dealer I get my parts from is begging me to buy a new tractor and he's giving DEEP discounts. He's called me twice this month for my biz. Don't settle if you don't have to, it's the buyer that makes the payments not the saleman and his bruised ego and hurt feelings. :D Merry Christmas ALL

Tom... I couldn't agree more with Jim. I understand that everyone wants to get the best price. But whether a commitment is made in writing or orally.... it's a done deal. It shouldn't be any other way. When you tell someone you're going to do something... then do it, period. I can't imagine telling my kids that it's okay to bail on something if it'll save them a buck....

Merry Christmas Tom... :)

Nice story Jim... That would be one LARGE transfer coming in. :cool:

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #19  
Good points guys and I don't disagree entirely. I wasn't there so I'm not sure how he comitted himself. That's why I asked him if it was an absolute done deal. Let's face it, it's a big decision and I'm sure people trumpet thier intentions to dealers all the time without signing and following through. I know if I was the dealer I wouldn't run out and order the tractor or prep it for delivery based on a verbal. If he has in fact agreed to do the deal AND signed the papers then he should (and will have to) honor it by all means BUT there is nothing wrong with walking away if it's a bad deal and he hasn't signed. If he's being gouged for 3 or 4 grand (and I'm not saying that's the case) over what he should be paying for the tractor and he hasn't signed he'd be far better off finding a better deal regardless of his honor status. What honor would the dealer be showing if he IS in fact overcharging?

Just my .02 :D

/ 2520 pricing - make me feel good #20  
TomKioti said:
What honor would the dealer be showing if he IS in fact overcharging? Just my .02 :D

yep, even if he signed, he has right of refusal/cancellation for a period after the purchase. Dunno what time period that is.