Loader 2538 HST Hydraulics

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #1  

slharman1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538 HST
Does anyone have any knowledge on the routing of the hydraulic lines on the 2538 HST.
I am trying to figure out the location for my third function plumbing.
I think it goes like this:
1.power beyond port from loader valve to third function valve "in"
2.out from third function valve back to line the was connected to the power beyond port.

Simple right?
Except it looks like the power beyond on my little tractor is heading to run the 3pt lift - is that correct.
Is it ok to branch in at that loacation?

I found the attached diagram and it seems to be correct but I am not sure and of course Mahindra's documentation is about the worst I've ever seen from anything I have purchased in my life. The diagram says slightly larger OD line, but it is actually a hose - doesn't seem to be high pressure hose - does that sound right?

mahindra-tractor-hydraulic-system-diagram-l-28196ff6a537261e.jpg

So I am asking my capable friends at TBN for help once again.
Thanks

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #2  
I can only see half the diagram, but what you are explaining is correct.

The PowerBeyond port of nearly all tractor loaders feeds out to the 3 point. Removing the line from the PB port on the loader valve and plumbing the 3rd function valve in series at this location is how 99% of installs are done and is considered "correct".

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #3  
Your diagram looks correct, the only change I would make is that the suction side of the pump and the intake to the filter are fed from the tank, not the return. The fluid needs a little bit of time in the tank to cool back off so the pump sucks out of the tank. Otherwise you should be good to go adding in your third function valve between the PB Port on the loader valve. Just make sure that the outlet side of the third function valve can handle the full system pressure. Some valves are not setup handle that and can have problems when the next valve down the line is used, in your case either the rear remotes or the three point hitch valve.
If you need a tank port for your third function valve, you could tee into the tank line on the loader valve.

Aaron Z

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #4  
^:thumbsup:

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics
I got the diagram on line not sure if it correct - I am trying to confirm which one os the power beyond,
Does it make sense that the power beyond would be a larger line than the tank return line or line in to the loader valve?
Thanks again!

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #6  
slharman1

Did you ever get your questioned answered? I'm waiting on a kit in to install a 3rd function valve on my 2538 and will need to know this info as well. Any info that you found out would sure be appreciated!
Thanks!
Stanley Y

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #7  
Power beyond in the taller port on top of FEL valve

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #8  
mreynolds

Thanks so much for the quick response!

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #9  
Not a problem,I went through the same research when installing mine!

/ 2538 HST Hydraulics #10  
slharman1

Did you ever get your questioned answered? I'm waiting on a kit in to install a 3rd function valve on my 2538 and will need to know this info as well. Any info that you found out would sure be appreciated!
Thanks!
Stanley Y
I'm trying to find the answer to the same question. Have you found any information