2544 deck clogs

/ 2544 deck clogs #11  
I understand that, but when I have A Craftsman and a John Deere next door plus a 2542 across the street plowing right through and me only barely getting by, something is wrong. It is the same grass, and the about the same moisture level. I believe I am going to enlarge my discharge chute and see if that does not fix the problem.
My guess is that the culprit is the bar across the bottom of the chute opening, the bar that's there solely to provide support for the mulch plug or the bagger tube.

/ 2544 deck clogs #12  
I mow my 3 acres every 4 or 5 days. I mowed on monday after 8 days of on and off rain. I never had any clogging where I had to stop and clear it. The grass was somewhat wet when I started and other than a few clumps here and there I had no problems.

If you are going too long between mowings and your grass is high and you are cutting short that may be your problem.

Michael

/ 2544 deck clogs #13  
My guess is that the culprit is the bar across the bottom of the chute opening, the bar that's there solely to provide support for the mulch plug or the bagger tube.

I cut that bar off our 50" deck and the discharge improves noticeably. The thing is decks today have been engineered to NOT throw grass out with the maximum thrust of the decks we grew up with. Thanks to the tyranny of parasite lawyers.

/ 2544 deck clogs
I cut that bar off our 50" deck and the discharge improves noticeably. The thing is decks today have been engineered to NOT throw grass out with the maximum thrust of the decks we grew up with. Thanks to the tyranny of parasite lawyers.

I cut the chute open by taking out a 2 x3' piece of metal at the back end of the opening near the rear wheel. What bar are you guys talking about.

/ 2544 deck clogs #16  
I cut the chute open by taking out a 2 x3' piece of metal at the back end of the opening near the rear wheel. What bar are you guys talking about.

here's a pic with a wrench laying on the bar I'm talking about.
4578151887_ec99e10625.jpg

MESSMAKER I'd like to see a pic of your mod and your thoughts on any increase of discharge performance. Thanks