2555 john Deere

/ 2555 john Deere #1  

NathanialBertges

Tractor
986ih, 706ih, 04mccormick, 170 allis chalmer, 950 john deere, 2555 john deere
3pt an hydrulics along with steering are not working. I removed the suction screen and it was covered in what looked like big chunks of black sand. I put a new spin on filter on it along with the element filter. Still nothing. Any ideas ?

/ 2555 john Deere #2  
The park brake pad on my 2355 came loose from the brake band. Then little pieces of brake material and the rivets they were attached to went through the transmission and onto every valve seat in the machine. Causing erratic steering control, loss of loader functions, ect.

Those little pieces... after they had been chewed up in the transmission, to me, resemble what you describe as black sand.

/ 2555 john Deere
The park brake pad on my 2355 came loose from the brake band. Then little pieces of brake material and the rivets they were attached to went through the transmission and onto every valve seat in the machine. Causing erratic steering control, loss of loader functions, ect.

Those little pieces... after they had been chewed up in the transmission, to me, resemble what you describe as black sand.

What did you do to resolve the isseues caused by this?

/ 2555 john Deere #4  
Sold it.

Honestly, I completely flushed the transmission, replaced the steering box and hydraulic pump... twice each. The last time was by Deere.

No amount of flushing seemed to matter, it constantly ate the hydraulic valve seats. I was so fed up at that point I sold it for less than it was worth.

As luck would have it, he has had trouble free service from it as far as I know.

/ 2555 john Deere #5  
Remove hyd filter,put 5 gallon bucket under opening start engine and see if trans pump will pump oil and how many gpm's.

/ 2555 john Deere
Which filter? The spin on or the cartrige filter?

/ 2555 john Deere #7  
Cartridge filter. Another thing you can try is install a hyd pump destroking screw and then manually destroke/engage pump to possibly clear debris from valve seating area. Do tractor have a FEL??

Attachments

• L101496________UN01JAN94.gif
    L101496________UN01JAN94.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 3,747
  • L112234________UN01JAN94.gif
    L112234________UN01JAN94.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,644
   / 2555 john Deere
Not sure what that is, what is the best way to flush the system?

Could you send diagrams an location to the valves. Thank you, this is greatly appreciated

/ 2555 john Deere #9  
Not sure what that is,

Could you send diagrams an location to the valves.

Not sure of WHAT?? The 2nd parts photo depicts the stroke control valve I mentioned. What valve diagrams do you need???

/ 2555 john Deere
I'm not sure what FEL stands for.

In a previous response, hydraulic valve seats where mentioned. Where are those located.