Buying Advice 2601 vs 2650

/ 2601 vs 2650 #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
We have settled between the 2 mentioned units. 98% mowing with mmm. Getting FEL and BH. Would appreciate input from owners. The 2650 may be a bit high to mow around many trees. Will replace a B8200 hst. and a L2250 FEL. All input appreciated.

/ 2601 vs 2650 #2  
Spring 2015 I had this same dilemma. Two things that pushed me towards the 2601 were: price and size. I thought that I'd end up using the 'bota for mowing. As it turns out, I bought a new, 2014 left over Husqvarna GTH52XLS for much less than a rear mount finish mower (and that would have been a pain given the configuration yard). There have been a couple of times where the greater capabilities of the 2650 would have been nice, but overall I'm pleased with the 2601.
Not sure if that helps...

/ 2601 vs 2650
Yep, Thanks
Was looking at a BX25D and a Zturn at first. Rented a Z326 and it beat me up to the point I returned it early.
Decided to go bigger and get the 2601, had the family run the 25D and it kept shutting down being ridden by the lightweights
in my group, which turned off the wife.

/ 2601 vs 2650 #4  
Yep, Thanks Was looking at a BX25D and a Zturn at first. Rented a Z326 and it beat me up to the point I returned it early. Decided to go bigger and get the 2601, had the family run the 25D and it kept shutting down being ridden by the lightweights in my group, which turned off the wife.

What are you mowing where the ZD beat you up?

/ 2601 vs 2650 #5  
How fast were you going? The ZTR will mow way faster than an equal width MMM so you could mow at a slower ground speed and still finish in equal time. If at all possible I'd recommend trying a Ferris. I haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet, but I was very impressed how smooth the IS2100 I used rode. The dealer had a demo unit that he let me take home and mow with.

/ 2601 vs 2650
Thanks all. I understand the Z positives. Tried demos this and last year hoping for the best. We have beautiful, rolling,rought acreage with some hellacious hills that only a 4x4 will cut riding. Need large turf tires and power steering. My 30+ year old B8200 manual steering has become to tough on my bad shoulders.

/ 2601 vs 2650 #7  
You need a F model 4wd mower.

/ 2601 vs 2650
F is interesting. How is it on steep grades. Are the tires BX size or B? My situation is I get a ride that's comfortable on rough terrain, shoulders shot, traverse steep inclines, mow around many trees, multi task capable. Appears to be a small B reverse designed.

/ 2601 vs 2650 #9  
F is interesting. How is it on steep grades. Are the tires BX size or B? My situation is I get a ride that's comfortable on rough terrain, shoulders shot, traverse steep inclines, mow around many trees, multi task capable. Appears to be a small B reverse designed.

I believe tires are size of BX. The 4wd F's are like mountain goats. They are used a lot on golf courses I believe to crawl around the steep slopes. Only disadvantage is they are expensive!!! $$$$

/ 2601 vs 2650 #10  
I believe tires are size of BX. The 4wd F's are like mountain goats. They are used a lot on golf courses I believe to crawl around the steep slopes. Only disadvantage is they are expensive!!! $$$$

I've owned three. One 2wd and 2 four wheel drive. They are like mountain goats and eat the grass as they go and spit it out the back with the rear discharge deck which is the only deck to buy. They are not cheap but worth the cost for the return especially if one hates mowing like me and has less time left on earth than has already been used up.