2610 not able to run a post hole digger

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #1  

ltfd164

Tractor
mf 2610tlb
I have 2610tlb with less than forty hours on it. Bought a post hole digger that is sized for my smaller tractor. when the auger get towards the bottom of the hole it overpowers the hydraulics and buries itself and I have to unhook it and turn it backwards to get it out. Had it to the dealer, they replaced the the pressure relief valve, but it still gets stuck.

Anybody else had this problem? or know what I should do?

Josh

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #2  
Raise it up more often to clear the auger of dirt. Keep it from screwing itself into the dirt (which is probably clay and just the right consistency for the auger to get a good bite).

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #3  
I think Beenthere hit the nail on the head. Most operators clear the hole every couple inches of digging. Ken Sweet

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #4  
When my digger does that, I just pour on the power for more digging and soon the ground mushrooms and I have a hole and a bunch of dirt, sometimes with the offending rock or root blowing out the top. Don't treat it like it was made out of plastic, tell it you want a hole and NOW. When it releases, stop the auger and lift it out. That traps most of the remaining dirt in the auger flighting. Otherwise it will just fall back into the pit.

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #5  
How fast are you running the tractor? You do not need to be at 540 PTO RPM to run it...

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger
I've been running it just above an idol, but i've ran it clear up to the 540 mark on the tach thinking I was just under powering it, it made no difference. I don't think it is from burying itself in the dirt because the auger is spinning freely in the hole. it just won't lift it up. I got to looking at the tractor ratings, it is only rated for 550lb of lift two feet behind the three point. So if you figure the auger sticks out another foot and a half or more, the rating would be even lower. Could I be asking to much of the tractor?

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #7  
i thought about one of those for my 2410, but i have used the auger attachment with bobcats and i think thats a way better solution.:thumbsup:

i can run my small tlb over the lawn all summer and not do the damage that 15 minutes with a bobcat would do, but when it comes to fence posts...:eek:

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #8  
I always run my PHD at full 540, thats what the instructions say to do. Pull it out every few seconds to keep it from screwing itself into the ground, which makes it very hard to remove since it won't reverse.

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #9  
Do you hear the relief valve squealing while trying to lift?

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #10  
the bobcats have a thumb activated clockwise/counterclockwise/stop switch. plus you can wiggle the auger around any way you like.:)