2610 not able to run a post hole digger

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #11  
Same problem with my 35-HP 'bota. Clay ground keeps the hole from "self-bailing". Do not underestimate the force of sticky earth. Try moving the tractor a little if you have a hydro-shift, you should be able to move 1' in either direction, sometimes this helps break it loose. I break more shear pins than I care to count but sometimes I can do it without breaking any. Does anybody make a reversible PTO in a mid-size tractor? If not they should consider it an option just for things like this. I rented a bob cat and it did the same thing but you could reverse the pto, made life much simpler.

I heard there was a big that had different flutes that was designed for gumbo/clay soil that would not stick as bad but I never went any further on it.

Another thing I heard but have not tried is to wet the auger first or pour a little water in the hole while it is turning to loosen the grip.

/ 2610 not able to run a post hole digger #12  
I've been running it just above an idol, but i've ran it clear up to the 540 mark on the tach thinking I was just under powering it, it made no difference. I don't think it is from burying itself in the dirt because the auger is spinning freely in the hole. it just won't lift it up. I got to looking at the tractor ratings, it is only rated for 550lb of lift two feet behind the three point. So if you figure the auger sticks out another foot and a half or more, the rating would be even lower. Could I be asking to much of the tractor?

You can bind the auger easily and you won't be able to lift it. Start digging your hole with the PHD. When you get down a foot or so look at your auger. It will be at an angle with the tip of the auger closer to the back of the tractor than the top of the auger. Take the PHD out of gear and pull the tractor forward until the auger is level again. Then finish digging your hole. If you don't do this on every hole the side of the auger will bind against the side of the hole and you can't lift it. And your hole will be crooked. I run my PHD just above idle.