3-Point Hitch 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #1  

1acre

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Hello all, I have a new to me 2615 gear with fel. The 3 ph will only raise about half way, I can lift it by hand the rest of the way. The fel works fine.

It seems like it is reaching some kind of limit and stops suddenly, not slowly like it is losing power. Not sure if I am explaining that well. Is there some sort of adjustment that could be off?

Here is a picture of the linkage. Does this look right? It looks like there was something on the threaded part where the paint is missing?
20200116_113812.jpg

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #2  
Look for a mechanical stop which can prevent the control lever from moving all the way. Some three point hitches have them to limit upward travel, some for downward travel, some for both.

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #3  
The condition of the linkage looks as if it needs a good cleaning and lubrication.

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #4  
the 3pt on my '08 2415 failed and may be related to what you're experiencing:

over time it started lifting less and less - enough for my brain to not entirely register that there was a problem. ended up adjusting my lower links up to the high position to make up for it and thought "huh, maybe I'm crazy".

then in december (2019) it stopped lifting entirely. I could manually raise it, but it would fall right back.

I'd been considering an upgrade for a while, so I traded it. dealer went ahead and repaired it - they said the hydraulic lift piston (inside) has a nut on a threaded section, and it's common for that nut to come loose and back out. causes it to lift less and less as the nut unthreads if it comes off, more parts have to be replaced (like on mine) because it causes more damage.

so get it in to the dealer now (unless you want to tear into the trans..).

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way
Look for a mechanical stop which can prevent the control lever from moving all the way. Some three point hitches have them to limit upward travel, some for downward travel, some for both.

The stops are all the way at each end of the slot. Would there be others stops?

the 3pt on my '08 2415 failed and may be related to what you're experiencing:

over time it started lifting less and less - enough for my brain to not entirely register that there was a problem. ended up adjusting my lower links up to the high position to make up for it and thought "huh, maybe I'm crazy".

then in december (2019) it stopped lifting entirely. I could manually raise it, but it would fall right back.

I'd been considering an upgrade for a while, so I traded it. dealer went ahead and repaired it - they said the hydraulic lift piston (inside) has a nut on a threaded section, and it's common for that nut to come loose and back out. causes it to lift less and less as the nut unthreads if it comes off, more parts have to be replaced (like on mine) because it causes more damage.

so get it in to the dealer now (unless you want to tear into the trans..).

Thanks, that might be worth looking into

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #7  
Check your hydraulic fluid level. It may be low. A friend of mine had the same problem and his level was low. Topped of the fluid and cycled a few times and it worked fine again.

/ 2615 3 Point Hitch Will Not Lift All the Way #8  
One day I was doing road work with my 7' angle blade, and when I finished, the 3 point hitch would not raise. I was about 1/4 mile from the shop, and not looking forward to dragging the blade up my nicely groomed road. Having no choice, I decided to pull it home. After moving just a few feet, the hitch began working normally. This occurred ten years ago, and never since.

It turned out to be a bent lever. This was a new to me tractor.. not sure If I bent it the first time I used it, or if it was already like that. I lubed everything up and it seems good now. Thanks for the replies.