2615 starting problems.

/ 2615 starting problems. #1  
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
I have a 2615 gear drive tractor that won't start unless the temperature is over forty degrees outside.
I am in North GA. where the temperature has been in the twentys in the mornings. Last weekend my tractor was losing power so I changed the fuel filter, after that it ran fine. This saturday with the temperature around thrity six degrees my tractor would not start, it would turn over ok but not start.

Is this normal and if so do I need a block heater?
If this is not normal do I have water in the fuel or some other problem. The fuel bowl is clear showing no signs of water. Do I need to be using a fuel additive?

My tractor has 142 hours on it with all services been preformed.

Thanks for any help

Butch

/ 2615 starting problems. #2  
Butch
No that's not normal-And no you probably don't need a block heater. Adding some fuel conditioner would be a good idea every so often.

Have you been using the glow plugs? If not- that could be your problem in cold weather.

Just my $0.02.

/ 2615 starting problems. #3  
Butch, I have been starting my 2615HST in temperatures well below 40 degrees. I agree Rick on the glow plug issue. Yours could be defective, or need more time to do its job.

/ 2615 starting problems.
Rick and AchingBack
I always wait until the glow plug light goes out before starting the tractor.

Butch

/ 2615 starting problems. #5  
I highly doubt it's a fuel gel problem or water in fuel freazing at that high a temperature. Like the others I would start by checking your glow plug system to make sure it is working.

/ 2615 starting problems. #6  
Mahindra had a glow plug timer that only times for 3-5 seconds.
Up here in the Northeast that is no where near long enough to get the tractor started so they got us longer timers and new glowplugs.
The glow plugs now comes on for 15 seconds.
It is also good to run an additive in every diesel engine no matter the temp.

/ 2615 starting problems.
Wallce

Are you saying that it is normal for my tractor not to start in cold weather because of the timing length on my glow plug system.. if that is the case will Mahindra upgrade my glow plugs so my tractor will start in cold weather.

Butch

/ 2615 starting problems. #8  
The only way they will pay is if it is still under warranty.
This is not an update it is something that they have changed on their newer models.
I have tons of these out there I also own one myself, They were the 2015, 2615 and the 3015 that had the 5 sec timer.
I just cycle the glow plugs 5 or 6 time and I can get my 3015 started.

/ 2615 starting problems. #9  
I had several customers ask why their tractor started so hard and I explained it to them and also the cost of new glowplugs and timers and no one seamed to want to spend the money they said they would just cycle the key.

/ 2615 starting problems. #10  
We have a 2015 that had the same problem. The dealer installed the new longer timer, then had to replace the glow plugs two weeks later. All under warranty, I thought some one said there was a recall or service bulletin on it.
I'm not sure on a relationship between the timer and the plugs burning out.
Works good now.
Cory