2710 Vs. 2910

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #1  

RBrown

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab & RTV 900
For the past few months I have been trying to talk myself out of buying a Kubota. Each time I look at or price another brand I always end up back at Kubota. I just want to make sure that once I sign the papers I can honestly say that Kubota was the one. The package that I have decided on is the 2710 with loader, 72" mid-mower, and 60" tiller. The problem that I have now is that the 2710 is the tractor that I want and is at the top of what I need, but it is very difficult to find locally. A couple of dealers have 2910's and are willing to deal and they are within $1,000 of the 2710 without even dealing. They have even gone as far to say that they can do better once I am ready to sign. My question is that is the 2910 worth the $1,000 for the added features? My second question is since the 2710 is really more tractor than I need now is a 2910 going to be like driving finish nails with a 2 pound sledge hammer?

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #2  
Well, I have a 2910 and I love it. My dealer had 2710 and 2910 when I went in, but I decided on the 2910 w/o hesitating. The extra $ are pretty small to get the latest and greatest IMHO. As far as the extra features.... the cruise control is nice (but I don't use it that often), the adjustable seat is OK I guess, I like the tilt steering wheel, but I really love the enhancements they made to the 3 point hitch. The ratcheting adjustment, and best of all, the telescopic ends on lower arms. This makes it MUCH easier to hook up implements. Extra HP is always a good thing. If I were you, since the 2710 is not too easy to get, get the brand new 2000 model 2910.

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #3  
The seat position on my 2710 is perfect, and I don't use the cruise because I don't want to be run over if I fall off the tractor. The telescoping lower arms can be retrofit on the 2710 I would think. So for me the $1,000 would come down to HP. Would the extra 2 horses be worth it? Probably.

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #4  
RBrown,

You don't say why it is too much tractor? Some people have 30 hp tractors on 2 acres and although I don't know how they turn them around, it's their business. I have 8 acres and only 18.5 hp (NH TC18) but it suits me just fine.

Would I want more? Not really, I mainly mow and move snow, have been moving fill sand and top soil with a rear scoop and it does just fine. Sometimes I think I would rather have the TC25 but then I remember how much heavier it is than mine and too big a mowing machine for my yard and field, I also don't need to keep up with the Joneses, the neighbors' tractors are all bigger than mine!

If you needed a 2710, I would say go with the 2910 for a few hundred more and have more power now and resale later, if you ever do resell it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Good Luck, JimBinMI

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #5  
Actually, the cruise does come in handy sometimes. Today, I was pulling a tire drag along my long driveway to level it. Since I was going in circles, I got tired of pushing the HST. The cruise was great, and I was not worried about falling off the tractor and getting run over on my driveway. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #6  
Presumably you were wearing your seat belt and so couldn't have fallen off, right? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #7  
Looked a both and went for the 2710. Couldn't justify the cost ($2000 more) for the few creature fatures of the 2910. 2 hp wouldn't do much more for me either. Would have to think resale is equivalent as they are so similar (same engine with different fuel metering, I'd guess). Now, if the 2910 would have had cup holders.......

Great choice either way. Good luck.

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #8  
Actually I was planning on getting a 4310 and having Mark help me modify it until I found it totally lacking that critical item...a cupholder!

Went for the BX2200!

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #9  
But Walmart has one that clamps on the loader crossbar. I thought I mentioned it. Oh well. Too late. The die is cast.

Mark

/ 2710 Vs. 2910
Thanks for all the responses. I did look at the NH TC25D, however price and size were the only things that I didn't like. The price more than the size! I have 5 acres of finished yard to mow and I definitely want a 72" mower. I prefer a mid-mount over the rear finish mower just because that is what I am used to. The only thing I really save if I went with the rear mower is a couple of hundred dollars by stepping down to the 2410. I also plan on doing a lot of loader work in the spring and winter and I really don't want to have to deal with wheel weights or a ballast box. Since I am using the tractor mainly for mowing, I don't want ballast in the tires for the days when the yard is soft and I end up tearing into the lawn. However, I do realize that on the days when I am going to move alot of gravel I need to attach my tiller for ballast. If I find traction problems in the winter I can always get chains or wheel weights then. I think for me at this point it is going to come down to what my dealer has on the lot when I buy and what the lead time is on the 2710. To this point I have only been quoted list prices. Does the 20% markup hold true on the 2710 and 2910?