2710 Vs. 2910

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #11  
The adjustable links for retrofit are not cheap. I checked on them for my Kubota and it was over $800 to replace all the pieces that had to be changed. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #12  
You will never regret buying the Kubota. They are really well designed and manufactured tractors.

The difference between 27 and 29 hp is probably not noticable, but some of the other features are worth the money. By the time you hook up the tiller a 1/2 a dozen times you would gladly pay for the adjustable links.

More HP and size simply allow you to do more work in less time. The same thing that a 6 ft mower does vs a 4 ft mower.

I use a 6 ft brush hog and would have a nearly impossible time with an undercarriage mower as the grass grows too fast and the finish mowers do not do well on tall grass.

You will appreciate all the HP you have when using the loader with front wheel drive. The loader also allows you to lift things that you could not handle without the tractor.

A tiller is a pretty good load on a tractor depending on the soil condition. Tillers are also pretty heavy and bounce around a lot when you hit hard soil or rocky soil. Bigger tractors hold them in place better than small tractors.

Kubotas rule the compact tractor market and have made big inroads into the utility tractor market because they are so reliable and work so well. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2710 Vs. 2910 #13  
The 2910 is rated at 30 HP not 29. I guess because of the name, it keeps getting called 29 HP. Even the Carver web site incorrectly lists it at 29 HP even though the Kubota specs say 30. I realize it is only 1 HP but if someone said the 2710 was rated 26 HP or the 2410 was rated 23 HP, I am sure they would get corrected.

The difference in the engines between the B2710 and the B2910 is more than an increase in fuel flow. The engines have different displacement. If you compare bore and stroke you will notice that the B2710 engine is a 4 cylinder version of the 3 cylinder engine in the B7500/B2100, and the B2910 engine is a 4 cylinder version of the 3 cylinder engine in the B2410/B2400.

Andy