2720 I like the Power

/ 2720 I like the Power #1  

brian22

Tractor
2720 John Deere
I had a 4100 19 HP JD and sold it and bought a 2720. I have not appreciated the power till now. I built a house 6 years ago and used a grader blade (3pt hitch) with my 4100 and it struggled to say the least..it bog down and at some points just would spin and not pull the 5ft. blade... I have recently put on an addition and have to do more ground work...., I used the same blade.. and Wow what power...it didnt bog down once and pulled the blade with ease....I was amazed how the tractor handled it. .. I have to say I'm finnaly glad I sold my old JD, and have my 2720

/ 2720 I like the Power #2  
Congrats on the new acquisition. And the new addition. Did you have any issues with traction?

/ 2720 I like the Power
Congrats on the new acquisition. And the new addition. Did you have any issues with traction?

No the traction was pretty good..I have turf tires on the tractor....they work great...My dealer had just fixed tractor ( the lift arms were rubbing on the tires....they flipped them and gave the tractor a wider stance and no more rubbing) I really was amazed on how the tractor performed with the grader blade on!!!!!!!!!

/ 2720 I like the Power #5  
my tires rub too. didnt know they could be reversed thanks

/ 2720 I like the Power #7  
Hey brian22, I just bought a JD2720 myself. Love it, so far. I understand what you mean about the rear wheels/tires. If you need a little more space, Woods Equipment makes a spacer for the 2x20 series tractors. Woods Equipment Company

info@WoodsEquipment.com or (800) 319-6637 to get the part number.

I found this out when I wanted to put a Woods backhoe on my 2720. When the JD dealer put the sub-frame on the tractor and then tried to put the back wheels back on, they wouldn稚 go. Seems the Woods rep. failed to read his own fine print. LOL. The spacer kit from woods is pretty reasonable for anyone that needs it. About $100 bucks. The JD spacer kit for the front wheels is not so reasonable, however.

For JD 2x20 owners: For anyone like me that didn't like the looks and specs of the JD 46 backhoe that mounts to the 2x20 series tractors, I did modify the Woods 1019650 sub-frame slightly and mount a BH70-X backhoe on my 2720. I even modified the setup and put a swivel set off a JD 2305 on the 2720.
Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

/ 2720 I like the Power #8  
Hey brian22, I just bought a JD2720 myself. Love it, so far. I understand what you mean about the rear wheels/tires. If you need a little more space, Woods Equipment makes a spacer for the 2x20 series tractors. Woods Equipment Company

info@WoodsEquipment.com or (800) 319-6637 to get the part number.

I found this out when I wanted to put a Woods backhoe on my 2720. When the JD dealer put the sub-frame on the tractor and then tried to put the back wheels back on, they wouldn稚 go. Seems the Woods rep. failed to read his own fine print. LOL. The spacer kit from woods is pretty reasonable for anyone that needs it. About $100 bucks. The JD spacer kit for the front wheels is not so reasonable, however.

For JD 2x20 owners: For anyone like me that didn't like the looks and specs of the JD 46 backhoe that mounts to the 2x20 series tractors, I did modify the Woods 1019650 sub-frame slightly and mount a BH70-X backhoe on my 2720. I even modified the setup and put a swivel set off a JD 2305 on the 2720.
Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

Nice avatar...you didn't 'jack it from me did you;)