2810 How many sold in the US?

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #1  

MDM

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
Can anyone give me an appoximate number of 2810's that were sold here in the US during there run with Mahindra? My father in law has one and loves it, he wanted me to see if I could find out. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know. I read on here that Mahindra moves approx. 12,000-15,000 tractors a year. I don't know if that is Ag and Cuts combined or if those numbers are completly false. My uneducated guess would be a couple thousand at most? What do you think? How long were the 2810's sold in the US? Particularly, the HST version.

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #2  
I know every area is different, but the two dealers in this area sold several of that model. They seemed to be quite popular. Of all the 2810's that I saw moved through their lots, I never saw a hydro model.

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #3  
I wish I could help you but, I'll agree with you father-inlaw, I like mine.

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #4  
I like mine , it is the 2810HST.

TYM makes the 10 series for Mahindra, the 3510 and the 4110 are still TYM

TYM is marketing this series under its own name in the USA. The only differance I can see is that instead of a 28HP engine from DaeDong (Kioti ) in the Mahindra version . They are using a 33 HP engine from Kubota.

The thing that made the smaller 10 series tractors shine for me was the way Mahindra married up the TYM tractors to the Dayco Backhoes. They have high ground clearance with the hoe. The Hoe subframe is beside the tractor frame. (( You don't loose any ground clearance )). The hoe is easy to get on and off , and the tractor is heavy for the HP range . Everyone that looks at my tractor thinks it is a 40 HP machine , not 28 HP.

I am sorry to see Mahindra let the smaller 10 series tractors go......

If I where to buy a new machine I would go look at TYM and see if I could get it with the Dayco Hoe.....

Thats my Two cents anyway.

Dave in NH

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #5  
dbelisle said:
I like mine , it is the 2810HST....

If I where to buy a new machine I would go look at TYM and see if I could get it with the Dayco Hoe.....

Thats my Two cents anyway.

Dave in NH

Actually it is a Bradco hoe, not Dayco, and I agree it is a great backhoe, although it is not used on the non-Mahindra TYM's as far as I have seen.

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #6  
MDM said:
How long were the 2810's sold in the US? Particularly, the HST version.

I was talking to my dealer several months ago about Mahindra dropping the 10 series HST's for the 15 series. He said the 15's were fine tractors, but he hated to see the HST 10's discontinued because they were a big seller for him. Asked him how many he sold, he said all 10 series HST's together 78 units.

/ 2810 How many sold in the US? #7  
I don't know why I keep calling them Dayco's, and not Bradco's , anyway thanks for the correction , I think this is the second time I have done that on here.

From the pictures I see on the TYM site ,they use a Hoe with a subframe under a machine.

I had a Kioti DK40 with a hoe for a while. It was a nice tractor but I would get that thing hung up in the woods on the BH subframe more times than I can count.

The small 10 series with a Bradco Hoe on a subframe, unbeatable for a small machine .........

somebody at Mahindra dropped the ball, they had a great combo there ........ If it aint broke , don't fix it....

Dave in NH

/ 2810 How many sold in the US?
Does the 2810 have a plastic hood or is it metal? I can't remember.