2850e vs 2860e

/ 2850e vs 2860e #1  

Skeletor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
Anyone know the differences between these two? I know the extra 10hp. Does anyone know how that is achieved?

Last edited:
   / 2850e vs 2860e #2  
Same displacement, both turbo. Maybe fueling and ECM

/ 2850e vs 2860e #3  
2860E has an intercooler - 2850E does not. Also different fuel mapping program in ECU.

/ 2850e vs 2860e #4  
As noted, Fuel Mapping in ECU. I waited and purchased the 2860 and I love this machine. I don't even call it a "compact" as I use this tractor as my primary utility tractor on the farm and it does a great job of doing the workload my 70HP handled such as mowing hay and moving round bales. I think the 50HP version may struggle a bit with my brush cutter and Haybine.

Other than that, everything else about the tractors are the same.

/ 2850e vs 2860e
As noted, Fuel Mapping in ECU. I waited and purchased the 2860 and I love this machine. I don't even call it a "compact" as I use this tractor as my primary utility tractor on the farm and it does a great job of doing the workload my 70HP handled such as mowing hay and moving round bales. I think the 50HP version may struggle a bit with my brush cutter and Haybine.

Glad to hear you love it. I ordered the 2860e with the backhoe, grapple and forks. Should be a bit better than my baby 1725mb. I need the lifting power of the loader. My wife and I would like to get land at some point she wants something of a small farm. Hopefully that happens one day and then I’ll really be able to use the tractors full potential.

How’s the regen? I’ve done alot of research about it but it’s still a little concerning. How many hours do you have on it? Thanks, mike

/ 2850e vs 2860e #6  

If you have the 2860 with the 12x12 shuttle shift, you also have a different rear end.
If you look up the spec sheet, only the 60 hp 12x12 has a higher 3pt lift capacity but therefore a lower ground clearance.
It has internal 3pt lift cylinder versus a single external the other models have.