2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #11  
This last one is from the rear (hoses up and to the right go to the T&T).

The GlueGuy

Attachments

• 2-57837-SeatExt-Rear.jpg
    2-57837-SeatExt-Rear.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85
   / 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount
Glueguy

Thanks for photos. You must have a 2710. The 2910 has a little different seat but the basic idea is still doable. I don't think the extra 2 inches will do much to the center of balance. I have alot of steep terrain.

I think I know what you did. You replaced the original bolts with ones 2 inches longer then drilled through the 2" square tube. Another possibility would be to use two sets of bolts and offset the seat to the rear.

Thanks again

Rick /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #13  
Actually, it's a B7500. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif One of the reasons that I'm curious why a B2910 doesn't fit you when we are so near the same size. With this little seat extension, the B7500 fits me just fine.

The bolts going into the seat rail are the originals. I put 4 new 3/4" bolts into the frame. So there are a total of 8 bolts now.

The GlueGuy

Perhaps I am just a clutz /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

When I went tractor shopping. I "tried on" the tractors- checking for fit. The BX models were just too small. The 2910's adjustable seat gave me a little more room than the 2710. Its still a tight fit. Mostly, my legs stick up so raising the seat would be a real help.

Rick

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #15  
That is the typical problem that I have too. Most cars I get in are woefully short on leg space (especially the Japanese ones).

My inseam is 34", which (I think) is longer than average. Although I am a "big guy", I don't consider myself "huge".

The GlueGuy

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #16  
GlueGuy,
I have no problems with my B2710 and I am 6' with 34" inseam, weight of 170. As for cars I know what you mean. The only two cars that I have owned that I didn't need the seat all the way back on have been my Austin Healey and Porsche 911. In fact the Porsche has the most leg room of any car I have ever driven!

18-30445-von.gif

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #17  
And I'm about a quarter inch short of 6' with 34" inseam (and 200#/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif), but find the 2710 quite comfortable with the seat all the way back.

Bird

I guess all you guys are confirming I am a klutz!!/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I would point out, if your knee knocks the lights on, its not really a good fit/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

Really, I think Glueguy's solution will solve my problem.

Rick /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RAllen on 07/26/01 04:04 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #19  
<font color=blue>if your knee knocks the lights on, its not really a good fit</font color=blue>

Maybe not, I thought the fit was OK; just that I'm clumsy and awkward./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #20  
You know I was always knocking the turn signal or light switch with my knees too. Then I discovered the little lever that allows you to push the seat back several inches/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. That and the extensions made all the difference.

The GlueGuy