/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #1  

gbeck4

Tractor
2n Ford
HYDRALICS DROP UNCONTROLLABLE WITH WEIGHT ON IT ! HELP

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #2  
I think more specifics are needed.

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #3  
I agree, we need specifics. Do you mean, it will lift something, and then if you hit the clutch or shut engine off it drops, or does it lift then drop, with the lever still up, or do you pull the lever up to lift and then when you let the lever go it flops down dropping the load.

More details = better diagnostics.

Also, is the hyd cover and pump for sure from a 2n, and not an 8n. The serial number is on the engine, and all N engines from 1939 thru 1952 swap, I have talked to many 2n owners trying to help them only to find out they had an 8n with swapped engine.. etc.

Also note, the lift cover and pump can swap as a pair from 9-2-8 n. But you cant mix a 9-2 n pump and 8n cover, or 8n pump and 9-2n cover

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #4  
Or do you boom down and it drops like a lead weight?

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #5  
I meant to say

I THINK MORE SPECIFICS ARE NEEDED

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #6  
So would that be a problem with the 3pt or loader?

You might try asking such a question on the mind reading forum.

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS
OK ! Let me go into more detail for you then . Whenever I lift up a 24 foot camper with my 3PT hitch it has no problems lifting it at all. Whenever I relocate the trailer and go to lower the 3PT hitch with the trailer still attached it seems to stick in place . Other times I would move the lever that rises and lowers the 3PT hitch back and forth several times and it drops uncontrollably fast and hard to the ground . Suggestions are needed please !

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #8  
Ok.. now we are getting somewhere... my crystal balls were a lil cloudy.

You very well could have dirty cruddy, gritty, or emulsified oil, and a sticky control / exhaust portion of the valve.

if it is indeed a 2n/9n, your 3pt lift handle controlls a fork which is connected to a "T" shaped valve that moves in and out of the pump.

If the oil is gritty, the valve can hang. If the oil is dirty or emulsified, ports can clog and the valve can hang.

What oil is in there and who was in office the last time the sump was cleaned and the oil changed?

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #9  
How much weight are you lifting?
My 2n works perfectly, but if you lift something that is too heavy, or the load center distance is too far, it does the same as yours.
I think that there is a weight limit that if exceeded causes sticky spool operation.

/ 2N FORD HYDRALICS #10  
The relief valve will open if the load is too much to lift. The valve should move correctly in or out of a relief situation. Additionally, since a 9-2n has draft sensing hyds, if the top link was utilized in a hitch configuration to lift a load, the tractors Hyde could see that as a variable draft when you start or stop moving or speed up or slow down or go over teraine that moves the hitch.. this can make the hitch react oddly, since it was designed for ground engaging implements, like plows, etc.