Tractor Sizing 2wd MX4700 vs 4wd L3200

/ 2wd MX4700 vs 4wd L3200 #21  
I agree the MX is your best choice of the two. I have the MX5100 which is the same as the 4700 albeit with a bit more HP. I am also one that would opt for a 4x4 but that is due to what tasks I do with my tractor which are not the same, e.g. snow blowing, woodlot clearing, gathering firewood, etc. Congrats on making a decision, I am sure you will like your MX.

/ 2wd MX4700 vs 4wd L3200 #22  
We did look at the L4600 2wd. It was about the same money, a couple hundred less. It is a little less tractor than the MX-4700, per dealer. Beefier front end on MX, larger standard tires. So for the money in a 2wd, we decided on the MX. The L3200 sort of came out of left field, dealer had one gear model remaining, and offered it at the same price. Just wanted to see what others thought about a smaller 4wd in terms of capability vs the larger 2wd for our needs. One dealer told us the L3200 4wd was equivalent to a 40 hp 2wd. If that is true, the MX-4700 would still appear to be more tractor.

That makes sense, and if you're getting by with the Ford 800 now, it sounds like 2WD won't hold you back. The MX series are probably Kubota's best bang for the buck right now....not fancy, but very capable.