Buying Advice 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not?

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #11  
Good point about the chains. I put chains on my 8N with loaded rears and it was unstoppable. But, I no longer have to put on chains, and I no longer have to deal with the scratches the chains make on the black top. For moving snow, I only use 4wd when the front end is being pushed by the front blade. Philip.

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #12  
My cousin is trading off his JD 6210 ag utility tractor and he had me do some checking on used prices before he went to his dealer to start talking. 4wd (like his) were going in the $26,000 to $30,000 range while 2wd were going in the $10,000 - $12,000 range. In general if you are looking for used and can get along with 2wd you can get a heck of a deal. It appears nobody wants them. My dealer had an open house Saturday and I noticed he had no 2wd Kubota's and only one 2wd New Holland on the lot, but a lot of 2wd trade-ins with attractive prices.

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #13  
While I agree that 4wd is good in many ways, that's not alot of money to get a nice tractor with implements. If it's as nice as you say make an offer that you would be comfortable with and give it a try. If you think that you still want a 4wd then you can always sell it. You should be able to get all or most of your money back.
If it does work out you'll have saved a decent amout of money.

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #14  
I used a L245 2wd for many years, mowing and box blade work. It never let me down.

Now I have 4wd rigs and love em, but only use 4wd when using the front end loaders.

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #15  
4x4 AND chains work here. My '83 Chevy plow truck is chained on all four corners. My Yanmar 276D 4x4 is chained on the rear. That Chevy is unstopable. Yanmar is no slouch either. I get ice.
I will never own another 2x4 tractor.

/ 2wd or 4wd Kubota? Compact or not? #16  
If I were just mowing a gardening work, I would spend less and get 2wd.